Is Bic/swift Code In Reorder Email Accurate?

pder

I went to my bank today to do a bank transfer and they had problems with the swift code BARCGB12 like it says in the email. Instead they thought it should be BARCGB22 for Barclays Bank. Earlier emails used that swift code as well. Can someone confirm which is correct?

pder said:
I went to my bank today to do a bank transfer and they had problems with the swift code BARCGB12 like it says in the email. Instead they thought it should be BARCGB22 for Barclays Bank. Earlier emails used that swift code as well. Can someone confirm which is correct?
I suggest you email OP to get official confirmation (please post the outcome here).

As an aside, how many banks can start with "BARC" and "GB", regardless of the number? :p

Last edited by a moderator:
In my email it said "bic/swift is BARCGB22"
and that's what I used. It worked.

I checked again just now and BARCGB22 is what I've configured in my online bank setup.

I am also having problems with the transfer. I've tried to do it from an UK account, but I've been informed that the sort code/acc number at Braclays were incorrect.

I've noticed that an acc number posted here at the forum is different than the one they've given to me by email, but the sort code is the same.

Anyone else have had similar problems trying to make the transfer from UK?

At the moment I am waiting for a reply from Jacquelyn.

bleonlf said:
I am also having problems with the transfer. I've tried to do it from an UK account, but I've been informed that the sort code/acc number at Braclays were incorrect.

I've noticed that an acc number posted here at the forum is different than the one they've given to me by email, but the sort code is the same.

Anyone else have had similar problems trying to make the transfer from UK?

At the moment I am waiting for a reply from Jacquelyn.
ditto, will wait for official confirmation before trying another transfer

Last edited by a moderator:
Back