Pandora It Is Possible To Add In Open Pandora The Key "Ñ"

Prompt

Still Fresh
It is possible to add in Open Pandora the key "Ñ" for spanish people?

:huh:

Prompt said:
It is possible to add in Open Pandora the key "Ñ" for spanish people?

:huh:
With such a small production run it is not practical to have multiple physical keyboard layouts. You will be able to change the layout in software, but it will be up to you to re-label the physical keys as necessary. I know it sucks, but it is the only viable option.

Last edited by a moderator:
only viable option

I believe at this moment of hardware development maybe it is a problem. But the keyboard not change for other language, spanish language only need +1 key ( Ñ ). asdfghjklÑ (ENTER is actually here)

I think with a mode FN + N is not a problem for easy write.

Thanks a lot!

craigix said:
We have a few extra keys via FN (german symbols for example), you could easily assign one as it.
Yay, Ä - Ö - Ü - for the win! :D
Country specific Keyboard layouts via Software are a good Solution for the problem with the many special letters. We could set up the Keyboard Layout in the Menu or so and then the FN function gives the special letters for the selected Country. :)

well! it's not the same " ¨ " or " ´ " than a letter... if you want don't write this symbols and understand the text but if you don't use a letter... xD

It is like "mañana" (tomorrow) if you write "maana" (toorrow) or with other symbol like "ma<nana" (to<orrow) when you read this is horrible! xD for understand the text.

But I think FN + N is good combination for easy write. If! don't need to push FN & N at the same time, because you need to pick the console in no very natural hands position :D

fusion_power said:
craigix said:
We have a few extra keys via FN (german symbols for example), you could easily assign one as it.
Yay, Ä - Ö - Ü - for the win! :D
Country specific Keyboard layouts via Software are a good Solution for the problem with the many special letters. We could set up the Keyboard Layout in the Menu or so and then the FN function gives the special letters for the selected Country. :)

Yeah, would suck not to have Å Ä Ö :p
when you got words like
lov - löv (holiday - leaf)
får - far (sheep or get - father)
älv - alv (stream "of water" - elf)
bada - båda (bathe - both)
etc ^^ so irritating, would be fun with a Pandora translation possibility as well, making the OS native German, French, Swedish, C++ :p etc. should be possible right?

Yes we need Ä Ö and other special keys in scandinavia. Would on-screen keyboard with touchscreen a practical solution?

Joppu said:
Yes we need Ä Ö and other special keys in scandinavia. Would on-screen keyboard with touchscreen a practical solution?
I would rather have FN key
FN + Shift + A = Å
FN + A = Ä

or something, a touchscreen solution would just break the flow when typing, easier to learn a keyboard setup then IMO

Back