It reminds me of the Pandora!

JDTAY

Half Pepperoni, All Cheese
So, um, according to the mailing list, ED's been having an extra fun day today. He will have to change resistors manually on over a hundred mainboards.

It's a one day job for a pro like him though. Two to three minutes per board, he told me on Discord.

ClockworkCoder

Chaotic Neutral
That sounds like a real pain in the behind job, and more than a little mind numbing, I guess. Case issues, resisters and throttling, all sounds like the last ED needs at this stage. At least they're all resolvable... just a PITA.

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
It's not multiple issues, the resistors have to do with throttling and simply should fix that batterycharging goes into a critical shut-off too early (as this value is not software configurable, sadly).

The rest of the heat management is pure software though :)
And yeah, changing a resistor doesn't take that long. I remember when we were at Craigs place assembling and MWeston changed a resistor on over 400 PCBs to fix Wifi... :D

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
everything-will-be-ok-lettering-with-rainbow_23-2148487010.jpg

Swordfish II

Advanced Member
It's not multiple issues, the resistors have to do with throttling and simply should fix that batterycharging goes into a critical shut-off too early (as this value is not software configurable, sadly).

The rest of the heat management is pure software though :)
And yeah, changing a resistor doesn't take that long. I remember when we were at Craigs place assembling and MWeston changed a resistor on over 400 PCBs to fix Wifi... :D

What's the deal with the resistor/throttling?