I've Been Thinking....

daclassicgamingmaster

It Is Your Birthday.
Website
krispf3.blogspot.com
Ok, now walk with me on this. It may seem a little strange at first, but I've been thinking, and it DOES seem plausible.

Now, GPH came out with the gp2x, which has an appeal. It's probably more recognizable than the GP32, just because we're in an even more technological age than a few years back, and this has gotten to the masses MORE than the gp32. But I'm digressing, just wanted to clear this up as a possible remark.

Anyway, the gp2x was released by gamepark holdings. Anyone with a 2X knows this. Even people who vaguely know of the handheld would remember something if you mentioned "gamepark" in an argument. So now, I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, Gamepark isn't as oblivious to life as GPH is, and they realized this. They wanted to market the XGP as basically a major handheld, not like how the GP2X was "marketed" (as a PMP).

What am I getting at? Well, seeing that the gp2x has sold quite a bit now, perhaps they see that it could become an issue, considering their names were so similar? They were a corporation. Maybe they filed for bankruptcy to close down and reopen under a different, more distinguishable name, so they could make a name of their own?

Maybe we will be seeing the XGP in the future....

Feel free to poke holes in this theory, it just randomly popped in my head while I was eating dinner ;)

I think the 'ran out of money' argument is much more likely... GP went for a few years without really selling any products and the apparent exodus of employees right at the end would seem to support the theory of them just running out of money.

That's crazy!

And yet, it's very plausible ...

* ponders *

it could be possible, but couldnt gamepark just have changed their company name w/o filing for bankruptcy? or will it just supprise us more when a company pops up with 3 new handhelds (one with gp32 backwards capability)..... thats the first thing that popped to mind, but hey, its a good theory, but im stickin with they went broke, i mean how much money did they have to keep going this long without doing a thing or releasing anything?

Generally 'filing for bankrupcy' means 'running out of money' and not 'sneakily changing their name!!'
Although if you really think really incredibly hard about it until your head hurts a bit, it does start to make sense. Why change their name the easy way when they can lose all their money, website and current PR work at the same time? Woo!

And there's no need to change the name...

We've been to Korea and found out that they create a lot of company names by simply using a name for what they are creating connecting with park at the end.

We saw lots of *park - companies.

So what other name could GamePark possibly get?
Commercial-Handheld-Park?

Back