.Jar games on the Pandora

The Pandora has Java, and hopefully soon an even better Java. In theory there is nothing to prevent a standard .jar file from running, and in fact the repo already contains several PND'd up Java applications.

Unfortunately there seems to be something amiss with this JAR file, I can't get it to load. It probably needs some additional options which the installer performs automatically. Should be able to get it to run once I figure out what those options are.

That's not to say it'll run well, just that it'll run.

The people from the forum can get it running on both older and newer mobile devices, it's just that the link seems to be broken. I've asked them to re-upload the file to an english language hosting site, so I'll wait a week and see if that works. Let me know if you can get that to work, and thanks for your swift reply!

Oh, it's a J2ME app? I don't know about that then. The Pandora has a full fledged Java client, not the stripped down version you get on mobile phones. That'd explain why it wasn't working.

Do you expect any new release ?
Tomorrow or Sunday I'm going to officially upgrade the repo to have a Java PND which uses either OpenJDK or the Oracle official ARM binary. The official binary is far and away much better than the OpenJDK but it's not entirely trivial to install.

Back