Just A Few Questions About Gp32 And Memory Readers

triela01

Still Fresh
Well, here is my problem.

I own a GP32 and I do not have an USB cable.

All I have is a memory reader with SmartMedia Card compatibility.

How can I transfer files through this?

In detail, how can I install emulators, GPCinema, etc. without the cable?

I have read from somewhere that I could manually make folders in the

SMC via the reader to get it work, but that did not do the job.

If anybody ever knows a solution to my problem or if anyone knows a decent

tutorial on GP32 for beginners, please let me know :)

In fact, it's a lot quicker and easier to use a card reader than a USB cable. Most emus/games/etc. will have a readme file telling you exactly where to put the files on the SMC.

The only other thing is to make sure is that it is formatted correctly, and has the correct system files on it. I am assuming the card has been used with a GP32 before? If not you might need to install the system files on it. I can't remember off the top of my head what they are called, but you should be able to find more information about them in the forums...

Gruntfuggly posted on Mar 24 2006 at 03:14 PM said:
In fact, it's a lot quicker and easier to use a card reader than a USB cable. Most emus/games/etc. will have a readme file telling you exactly where to put the files on the SMC.

The only other thing is to make sure is that it is formatted correctly, and has the correct system files on it. I am assuming the card has been used with a GP32 before? If not you might need to install the system files on it. I can't remember off the top of my head what they are called, but you should be able to find more information about them in the forums...
there are no "system files"...

to format your smc correctly you can use my utitilty, see my sig.

Last edited by a moderator:
Er, mine still has uses the original firmware - upgrading the firmware was a little bit more hairy on the GP32, so not as many people did it. From the sounds of the original post, I think triela01 probably hasn't flashed the firmware, otherwise there wouldn't be a problem would there?

Gruntfuggly posted on Mar 24 2006 at 06:00 PM said:
Er, mine still has uses the original firmware - upgrading the firmware was a little bit more hairy on the GP32, so not as many people did it. From the sounds of the original post, I think triela01 probably hasn't flashed the firmware, otherwise there wouldn't be a problem would there?
erm, almost everybody flashed their gp32, including me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, thanks for everything, guys.

I actually live in Korea and am a Korean.

There is a GP series fansite called 'GPzigi' in Korea and apparently,

I have NEVER got a single piece of useful advice from them.

Weird, considering GP32 is a Korean made handheld.

Also, the customer service in here is so bad that no matter what my problem

is, they say 'Send your GP32 to us'.

Anyway, I have got it working.

Since I am the second owner of my GP32, it had been already flashed by the

previous one and therefore I did not need the freelauncher, thank god :)

Well, thank you for your help!

Back