Just Bought A Gp32...

xSilv3Rx

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Hi,

I just bought a GP32 BLU from www.liksang.com. I should have it in a week or two. Im very new to the GP32 scene. If you asked me about the GP32 a week ago I wouldn't be able to tell you anything besides it's a handheld that is not available for me to purchase in north america at local stores. I've been reading on the net as much info as I can about the GP32, mostly at gp32x.de.

I was just wondering if there is any really important information I should know of for when I first recieve it, anything I need to do when I first get it, or anything I should download right away. I'll have to go and buy a 128mb SMC sometime this week :)

Thanks for any info,
Silv3R

Last edited by a moderator:
xSilv3Rx posted on Aug 24 2004 at 01:58 AM said:
Hi,

I just bought a GP32 BLU from www.liksang.com. I should have it in a week or two. Im very new to the GP32 scene. If you asked me about the GP32 a week ago I wouldn't be able to tell you anything besides it's a handheld that is not available for me to purchase in north america at local stores. I've been reading on the net as much info as I can about the GP32, mostly at gp32x.de.

I was just wondering if there is any really important information I should know of for when I first recieve it, anything I need to do when I first get it, or anything I should download right away. I'll have to go and buy a 128mb SMC sometime this week :)

Thanks for any info,
Silv3R
You should know that buying an SMC online will cost less than half as much as in a store.

Other than that, you should read the faqs on this board. They will provide a good general overview

You should know that buying an SMC online will cost less than half as much as in a store.

Other than that, you should read the faqs on this board. They will provide a good general overview

Do you have any suggestions of where I can find a cheap 128mb SMC, which would ship to Canada for cheap?

Edit: Furthermore, what is a cheap price? I haven't ever needed to purchase a SMC before..

xSilv3Rx posted on Aug 24 2004 at 02:10 AM said:

Do you have any suggestions of where I can find a cheap 128mb SMC, which would ship to Canada for cheap?
Basically if you have the card and the unit you have everything. As you can download all non commercial things off the internet.

Also what other boards are you on. Your name seems pretty familiar.

CrazyDesi posted on Aug 24 2004 at 02:14 AM said:
xSilv3Rx posted on Aug 24 2004 at 02:10 AM said:

Basically if you have the card and the unit you have everything. As you can download all non commercial things off the internet.

Also what other boards are you on. Your name seems pretty familiar.
I post on the IGN boards alot, DVDTalk forums a bit, and other than that I've been playing Counter-Strike with this name for about 4 years :)

I edited this in above, but it'll probably be missed so, what would be a good cheap price for a SMC?

Edit: An auction just ended on Ebay here. It ended up going for $39.99 after shipping. Would this be a good price? Could I find one in the store for $40?

Edit #2: I read somewhere about registering your GP32 at the GamePark site. Will I need to do this when I get my GP32? If I dont need to, are there any benefits in doing so?

Thanks!

im one of those ppl that believe online shopping is voodoo :p just buying my gp32 took a lot of courage. i have 2 128mb smcs. one from lik sang and one i bought from a store. i just hate waiting a week or two

Jr2swiss posted on Aug 24 2004 at 02:38 AM said:
I'm selling a few 128 SmartMedia cards for $30 + shipping.

www.gp32z.com
I think im going to check at a couple local stores to get an idea of what they cost. How much would you charge for shipping to Canada for one card?

Jr2swiss posted on Aug 24 2004 at 02:43 AM said:
Shipping would cost around $6.50, maybe less, what part in Canada do you live in?
I live in Edmonton, Alberta. $6.50 seems like a lot to ship a small SMC. Where are you shipping from?

Edit: I saw that your location is California. I've recieved tons of games (PS2/XBOX/GCN) that were shipped to me for $1-2, through USPS Letter Airmail...

First off welcome xSilv3Rx,
What part of canada are you from? Secound I'm from Montreal and the cheapest I've seen the is around $60 cdn. Hey Jr2swiss do board members get a discount? :lol:

Jr2swiss, Im going to looks around, and after that if im interested I'll be sure to send you a PM :)

gearhead23, I live in Edmonton, AB :) If I cant find it for cheaper than $60 I guess I'll just buy it online. If I already had the GP32 I may spend extra to get it right away, but I just purchased it through Lik-Sang tonight :p Oh, and if he does give discounts I wouldn't even check the stores or anywhere else ;) *wink wink* ;)

lol :lol:

25EUR-30EUR is a good price for a smc here in germany, online.
dont you have some kind of pricesearch engine over there?

No sorry there are no discounts for board members, board members are my main customers :lol: .

$60 Canadian money is $45 USD, the total for a 128mb SmartMedia card will be around $33 total. I assure you that this is a cheap price, and will increase in a short while.

dont you have some kind of pricesearch engine over there?

Im sure we do, I just dont know of one :p

Jr2swiss, I'll send ya a PM shortly.

Since this hasn't been answered I'll rewrite it here: I read somewhere about registering your GP32 at the GamePark site. Will I need to do this when I get my GP32? If I dont need to, are there any benefits in doing so?

Hooka posted on Aug 24 2004 at 04:11 AM said:
Hello fellow Canadian :)
I'd suggest looking at tigerdirect.ca for some good SMC prices ;)
Whoa, that sites got some cheap ones :D

$40 CDN for 128MB SMC.. Theres 3 brands tho: Viking ($38.99), PQI ($39.99), and PNY ($55.99). Why's PNY $15 more? Would there be any compatability issues with the Viking or PQI? Do you think theres any difference between the 3 besides obviously who manufactures them?

I would think that there should be no compatibility problems (every SMC I have works good, but I have one eagletech, one kingston and one transcend) but I'm not sure if there shouldn't be any problems but I haven't had any of those types of cards... (maybe go for the PNY or viking ones as they say high compatibility...)

If your lucky occasionally Walmart has 128MB SMC's on sale for $45

Thanks for the info. Tomorrow I'll goto some stores (futureshop, walmart, best buy) and see what the prices are like :)

Back