Just Got My Pandora

Shaun

I had trouble connecting to my university's wireless in a place where the connection is supposed to be very strong. I bought this Pandora from someone, and perhaps it had proxy settings or something. I could connect to the network, but then no pages loaded and it sometimes disconnected. It mentions some kind of Wi-Fi error with xfce on boot. I've now installed the latest hotfix, so maybe it will work next time I try.

I'm having another difficulty though. Apparently "samba" is installed with the codec pack. I'm trying to share my music and video partitions wirelessly. I have a Wi-Fi dongle and I've used it to share a connection in the past. I try creating a WPA2-Personal network but the Pandora does not find it. What can you suggest? :(

Finally, this is going to sound very idiotic, but I'm having trouble with clicking. Using the stylus, right-clicking seems impossible and even double-clicking is a challenge, though it works okay generally for single clicks. Using the nubs, the left nub can be difficult to control, and from what I gather, tilting the right nub left left-clicks, and right right-clicks, right? Except it's not that straightforward. Sometimes I need to roll it about a bit for it to actually click.

That's all for now, except I couldn't find where to change my login password. (Probably not looked hard enough.) The device is great. Thank you.

Edit: I'm using Windows 7 to share the wireless network by the way.

Edit 2: Sorry, this should be in the help forum. Please move.

First problem: no idea, maybe a reflash?

Second problem: Last time i checked ad-hoc wifi (direct pc to pandora) does not work, but i've been out of the loop for 2 months (no Tm ; ) so that might have changed in the meantime. If it works now: Yay! :)

And the right nub: left = left click, up = doubleclick, and right = right click.

Maybe you need to calibrate them, there is an option in the settings menu.

Cheers!

Ah, that makes sense now. :) (Regarding the nubs.) As for the wireless networking, I didn't choose the adhoc option but set up an access point. The different is supposed to be that the adhoc method is only temporary. I'll try it though. Thanks.

If it is an adhoc network it will not work. If you just bought it from somebody I would just completely flash it so that it's "yours"

MarkoeZ said:
And the right nub: left = left click, up = doubleclick, and right = right click.
down = middle click :)

Last edited by a moderator:
HackModford said:
If it is an adhoc network it will not work. If you just bought it from somebody I would just completely flash it so that it's "yours"

I flashed it. So what do you suggest I do? You're saying there's no easy way I can wirelessly stream from my PC? Damn, that's kinda poo.

depends on what you mean by stream... two options that come to mind is a windows equivalent to mpd (not sure if there is one) for sharing your music over the network (through the router) or setting up your own shoutcast/icecast stream on your PC (shouldn't be all that difficult) and tuning into it via VLC on the pnd... both would give you the ability to stream away from home as well (though the first one would need a bit more work than the second from what I understand)...

Well, I meant stream video files. Although that isn't all that I want to do. I'd also like to play games wirelessly, thus not needing SD space for them. Obviously this wouldn't work with ISOs but I imagine it would work with most older ROMs. Then there's music too, of course. Unfortunately, routers aren't allowed at my university which is why I'm using a Wi-Fi dongle—something that has allowed me to create a hotspot in the past for other devices. I'd want to access the internet through it too. From what I gather, your method would require a connection to the internet in the first place, which is something I'm trying to accomplish in addition to the streaming/ROM loading/etc.

You can access network shares via a router. You will need to install cifs and do some manual config<br><br>there is a thread on the topic here . But good luck streaming videos. My Pandora can't even stream mp3s without massive buffering!<br><br>I also have problems with WiFi at my uni campus. Full signal, can log in with my credentials ok, but cannot access a single website without timing out.

Back