Just Ordered A Caanoo From Gamersection.ca But Don't Know What Cur


dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Messages
705
Age
26
Location
BC, Canada
I just ordered a Caanoo from GamerSection.ca, but I don't know what currency to pay in; USD or CAD. I'm going to send them a money order on Monday morning. The total comes to $182.30, including shipping and HST. The company is based in Quebec, but the prices on their site are in USD (I think).
 

SNESFAN

Retro game fanatic
Joined
Oct 3, 2008
Messages
3,430
Age
39
Location
Fort Knox, KY. USA
Com64 said:
I just ordered a Caanoo from GamerSection.ca, but I don't know what currency to pay in; USD or CAD. I'm going to send them a money order on Monday morning. The total comes to $182.30, including shipping and HST. The company is based in Quebec, but the prices on their site are in USD (I think).
oh welcome to the caanoo, I think you'll enjoy it a lot. I know I enjoy mine a ton.

anyway, I got mine from gamersection.ca along with a lot of stuff I've bought in the past, it's default is USD every time I've ordered from them.

Also If you use paypal to pay it will do the conversion automatically and tell you in USD price before confirming the order.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Messages
705
Age
26
Location
BC, Canada
jb0yx said:
Com64 said:
I just ordered a Caanoo from GamerSection.ca, but I don't know what currency to pay in; USD or CAD. I'm going to send them a money order on Monday morning. The total comes to $182.30, including shipping and HST. The company is based in Quebec, but the prices on their site are in USD (I think).
oh welcome to the caanoo, I think you'll enjoy it a lot. I know I enjoy mine a ton.

anyway, I got mine from gamersection.ca along with a lot of stuff I've bought in the past, it's default is USD every time I've ordered from them.

Also If you use paypal to pay it will do the conversion automatically and tell you in USD price before confirming the order.
Oh, thanks. I'm sending a money order at the bank tomorrow morning. Hm... I sent them an email about it but they probably can't respond until tomorrow. I'll remember to bring an extra $5 or so. I hope the're open before I head out... they're three hours ahead of me in Quebec, so I should be fine.

By the way, what exactly did you pay in USD? I only ordered a Caanoo with FedEx shipping.

Oh, and I have to pay in Canadian dollars, so I think the bank will have to do conversion or something :huh:
 
Last edited by a moderator:

SNESFAN

Retro game fanatic
Joined
Oct 3, 2008
Messages
3,430
Age
39
Location
Fort Knox, KY. USA
I'm sorry, that information I gave was not correct, I bought my caanoo from gp2xstore via ebay in usd, I think it was for $150 for the blue/black one

my last purchase from gamersection.ca was in CAD it was a nintendo ds flashcart

Oct 28, 2010 Payment To Anvil Entertainment Completed -$40.44 $0.00 -$40.44 CAD Select record 20
Oct 28, 2010 Currency Conversion (credit) To Canadian Dollar From U.S. Dollar Completed $40.44 $0.00 $40.44 CAD Select record 21
Oct 28, 2010 Currency Conversion (debit) From U.S. Dollar To Canadian Dollar Completed -$40.47 $0.00 -$40.47 USD Select record 22
Oct 28, 2010 Transfer From Bank Account Completed $40.47 $0.00 $40.47 US
 

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Messages
705
Age
26
Location
BC, Canada
jb0yx said:
I'm sorry, that information I gave was not correct, I bought my caanoo from gp2xstore via ebay in usd, I think it was for $150 for the blue/black one

my last purchase from gamersection.ca was in CAD it was a nintendo ds flashcart

Oct 28, 2010 Payment To Anvil Entertainment Completed -$40.44 $0.00 -$40.44 CAD Select record 20
Oct 28, 2010 Currency Conversion (credit) To Canadian Dollar From U.S. Dollar Completed $40.44 $0.00 $40.44 CAD Select record 21
Oct 28, 2010 Currency Conversion (debit) From U.S. Dollar To Canadian Dollar Completed -$40.47 $0.00 -$40.47 USD Select record 22
Oct 28, 2010 Transfer From Bank Account Completed $40.47 $0.00 $40.47 US
Thanks, anyway. I just sent a money order in CAD at the post office.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Messages
705
Age
26
Location
BC, Canada
Well, turns out it was supposed to be payed in USD, but since the ratio was 1:1 between USD and CAD on the day that I sent the money order, they'll accept CAD.
 

SNESFAN

Retro game fanatic
Joined
Oct 3, 2008
Messages
3,430
Age
39
Location
Fort Knox, KY. USA
Com64 said:
Well, turns out it was supposed to be payed in USD, but since the ratio was 1:1 between USD and CAD on the day that I sent the money order, they'll accept CAD.

that's weird as hell, mine was a copy/paste from paypal where they took the money from the bank account in USD then converted the USD to CAD and paid them
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Messages
705
Age
26
Location
BC, Canada
There's one thing I forgot to mention:
You have to pay VAT (more specifically, the harmonized sales tax, a.k.a. HST) when ordering from GamerSection. I don't know if it's just for domestic orders, or if it applies to international orders (eg. ordering from the US), but I had to pay an extra $21. I had to pay HST on both the Caanoo, and the shipping. I've never payed value added tax on anything I've ordered internationally, and this is my first time ordering something domestically since HST was implemented in Canada last summer.

I payed $183.85 USD for a lone Caanoo without any accessories.

Sub-Total: $149.95
FedEx Shipping (Ground (3-5 Business Days)): $12.75
13% HST: $19.49
13% shipping HST: $1.66
Total: $183.85

EDIT:
Hey, wait a second... Quebec doesn't even have HST. They have GST and QST, and BC's HST is 12%. Something's a little fishy here... oh, well, as long as I get my Caanoo, I don't care.

second EDIT:
Wait, if their company operates in either Ontario, New Brunswick, or Newfoundland and Labrador, then it makes sense.
 

SNESFAN

Retro game fanatic
Joined
Oct 3, 2008
Messages
3,430
Age
39
Location
Fort Knox, KY. USA
Com64 said:
as long as I get my Caanoo, I don't care.

I can at least vouch for their reliability, as long as it doesn't get lost in the post, it will arrive in a timely manner.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Messages
705
Age
26
Location
BC, Canada
jb0yx said:
Com64 said:
as long as I get my Caanoo, I don't care.

I can at least vouch for their reliability, as long as it doesn't get lost in the post, it will arrive in a timely manner.
I ordered it on Saturday 12/25/10, sent the payment on Monday 12/27/10, and haven't heard anything since. I just hope it's because of the holidays, and that I don't have to resend my money order.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

dnlgreenwood

I'LL END YOU!!!
Joined
Jul 17, 2010
Messages
705
Age
26
Location
BC, Canada
It's been exactly two weeks, and they haven't even received my payment yet... what's going on? I'll have to call them in the morning <_< then I'll probably have to go to the post office and complain.
 
Top