Jxd 301

NzoMatrix

Still Fresh
Supposed to be the same as the V2000 someone posted earlier. But with more of a gaming design.
http://www.mp4nation.com/products/index.php?PID=J301

FEATURES:

* Processor: ADI Blackfin 533 - 600MHz
* Screen: 3.0" LTPS TFT, capable of displaying 16 million colors with a aspect ratio of 4:3
* Supported Audio Codecs: MP3, WMA (32K ~ 320Kbps), APE, FLAC
* Supported Video Codecs: RM/RMVB, AVI (XVid), FLV, MPG, MPEG, DAT
* Equalizer: BBE, SRS, 10 Custom EQ and 7 Pre-set EQ
* Frequency Response: 20HZ~20KHZ , 0dB± 3dB
* FM Frequency reception: 87.5MHz ~ 108MHz
* Games: NES, SNES, Sega Mega Drive, Game Boy Classic, Game Boy Advanced and Neo Geo Emulator
* File Viewing: GIF, BMP, JPG, TXT
* Lyrics: LRC
* Voice Recording: (WAV) Sampling Rate: 8kHz-320kHz
* Input and Output: 5PIN USB, Dual 3.5mm stereo earphone output.
* Language Support: Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, English
* Battery: 1000mAH
* Playtime: 15hrs audio, 5-6hrs video.
* Expansion Slot: SD slot capable of supporting up to 4GB
* Flash Memory Capacity: 2GB
* Interface: USB 2.0 HI-SPEED
* Built in loud speaker
* Easy to use Graphical User Interface
* USB Storage Function
* Firmware Upgradable

Pics here
http://www.mp4nation.com/forum/viewtopic.p...sc&start=30

SDK?
http://www.analog.com/processors/platforms/sdk.html

Youtube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRv7oJWTzS0

Supposed to emulate
NES/SNES/SMD/SMS/GB/GBA

Last edited by a moderator:
From the specs posted above, can someone please help me out and figure out if the JXD 301 is more powerful than a gp2x?

I don't think it is.

It may be 600Mhz, but I've never heard anything good about them. The SDK shows very basic components.

These devices usally rely on chips to exelerate movies, music and such.

Each game would also just have their own chip. So it'll be great for these few games, even with the limitations of the software. (no saving?)

icurafu said:
I don't think it is.

It may be 600Mhz, but I've never heard anything good about them. The SDK shows very basic components.

These devices usally rely on chips to exelerate movies, music and such.

Each game would also just have their own chip. So it'll be great for these few games, even with the limitations of the software. (no saving?)

I just ordered one from mp4nation, hopefully I'll have time to do a little review when I receive it! I thought it does to savegames... I think the mp4nation review says so.

After seeing the You Tube review on this I had to order one. I just did over ebay and now for the long wait for item to be delivered. (sits and looks at watch :blink: )

I'd get one, but I like to have album art with my music...

I know, I'm fussy.

i think im getting one.

600 mhz + 320x240 3" in an awesomely bright TFT + 2 gb + SD support + probably 32mb or 64 mb RAM (as it load Neogeo roms) + 90 eur VAT and shipping included = bargain

seems like a horsepowered GP32 to me... no OS at background and just a framebuffer and audio... :)

i've downloaded a SDK to see the inners... and to see if we can port things to it :)

if we're not able to run binaries from its firmware, then we should considering hacking its updateable firmware as a posibility :)
even if we can't haxx0r it and get any fun of it it would worth the money as a PMP.

that's my point for a nice xmas toy

Looks sleek and nice. The screen looks excellent.

The SNES emulator is resized without any filter, and might not look that nice in action, I assume the same happens with NES.

Sigh... separate buttons for direction, goofy button layout... ONE good quality speaker...

You know, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to fix these little quirks, just a GOOD GAMER, that's all it takes, a couple of good players testing the protos and saying something like "nope, I can't do cancels in kof" or "I can't get the deadly rave move".

If I can, I'll get one if only for the curiosity. I hope someone here gets one soon to see it properly dissected :D

Looks good,

I Might buy one if somone found it's hackable :p

Looks nice and slick :p

paxl13

Yuan said:
Looks sleek and nice. The screen looks excellent.

The SNES emulator is resized without any filter, and might not look that nice in action, I assume the same happens with NES.

Sigh... separate buttons for direction, goofy button layout... ONE good quality speaker...

You know, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to fix these little quirks, just a GOOD GAMER, that's all it takes, a couple of good players testing the protos and saying something like "nope, I can't do cancels in kof" or "I can't get the deadly rave move".

If I can, I'll get one if only for the curiosity. I hope someone here gets one soon to see it properly dissected :D
Looking at all the other apparent mp4/snes/nes/md players, I think the JXD301 is a great step in the right direction. The others (Ainol V2000, PMP) have really shit button placement or practically no buttons at all. This is the first mp4-oriented device with decent processing power, screen, emus and buttons. *squawk*

Mine shipped a few days ago.. still waiting for it :D

Browsing the net the other day and i came across a console called the JxD301 (LTPS) it boasts about Nes, Snes, Sega emulation etc and 2gb storage. Does anyone else no about this console or if its any good. I will post a link later ...

Back