K Of Romsets Trouble

zsonance

Hey everyone,

I know this has been talked about a lot, and i apologize if it's getting old (lol.) KOF is my favorite series and I've been working on trying to get all the sets working. I ran into a strange problem. First of all, I downloaded the Full GnGeo Romset for Caanoo off the web from the link from GP2X.com.. So that is where I started..although definetly not all of the games worked.

The rom (kof10th.zip) is supposed to be the King of fighters 10th anniversary, but when it loads, it's actually 10th anniversary Hack (unique)
so I renamed it to ( k2k5uni.zip ) Which is what its supposed to be named for GnGeo. It still works, so renaming it didn't harm anything.

Anyway, here's the problem I ran into..

KOF10.JPG
[/img]

This romset for King Of Fighters 10th Anniversary contains an (a) and a ( B) file for each part of the actual game, the romset for 10th Unique that works on the caanoo only contain 8 (c) files that are all 8MB instead of 16 of them 4(MB) each.

Is there anyway we can compact these rom files so it will work? I tried writing an .rc file to load all of the (a) and ( B) files and it crashed.

I'm slowly learning how all of this stuff works so if anyone knows what to do or has any ideas please feel free to reply! I'm interested to see if i can get this working.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yoshi Dragon said:
Only kof10thu is supported by GnGeo...

kof10th.zip : unsupported
kof10thu.zip : works
kf2k5uni.zip : unsupported
kf10thep.zip : unsupported

This information can be found in Pepone's (GnGeo author) test result spreadsheet...

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AuNKTLRzlFiKdGg5TnQteU9tb2NTUVF6d1c2dHdDRmc&hl=en&authkey=CKL2moEK

And here my test results (for completeness)...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Apq0W6rm63sydGdrdXU1aHpkdHVPOHg4T1JVSEFPRHc

It just doesn't make any sense.. It's the same exact game with some things added on to it.. There's no reason why 10th anniversary shouldn't work

Hey there, chould u pls send me the link for this file for kof cus i tried different roms but nothing wrks. And also kof 2004. Have u managed to get samari showdown 5 to wrk if so i'd like that link aswell. Thanx in advance.

Shah786 said:
Hey there, chould u pls send me the link for this file for kof cus i tried different roms but nothing wrks. And also kof 2004. Have u managed to get samari showdown 5 to wrk if so i'd like that link aswell. Thanx in advance.

Which file are you talking about?

Back