Knytt Stories

Knytt Stories has the source code available, but is using PALib with is a specific library for NDS. Could be ported to Caanoo and other consoles working with SDL, but requires some code conversion work.

i looked at the sources not only once, IIRC the palib stuff is everywhere, it felt like rewriting the whole game and not just port it :)

I really love this game (and the DS port, very good except for some stories too big to handle for the nds cpu/ram, and some others unplayable (conversion fail making some platform/stairs impossible to take)).

A Caanoo port would certainly solve some of those issues.

Knytt stories is awesome. Thanks for pointing out the DS port. Signed on the Caanoo being the better system for the game.

Edit: The DS port seems kind of broken. The game freezes when I attempt to leave the very first screen of "The Machine."

Edit II: Today it seems to be working with long loads between screens. Odd.

Is everyone trying to port from the DS-source port? If the palib libraries are the problem, would the windows source be better?

I wouldn't know code if I was looking at it, but this thread which Nifflas participates in, seems to indicate the the windows source is included in the standard download in the form of a .mfa file.

SML said:
Is everyone trying to port from the DS-source port? If the palib libraries are the problem, would the windows source be better?

I wouldn't know code if I was looking at it, but this thread which Nifflas participates in, seems to indicate the the windows source is included in the standard download in the form of a .mfa file.

Somebody let me know if I'm being helpful or ignorant here.

Last edited by a moderator:
SML said:
SML said:

Somebody let me know if I'm being helpful or ignorant here.

MFA: http://www.fusionwiki.com/wiki/Multimedia_Fusion_2#MFA

so this is not the source code you can just go an compile, it would need an interpreter for that .mfa file format to make it work. so, nope, that's not going to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back