Release L'Abbaye des Morts

Thanks for porting i like it :)

I have one question to ask: are you going to port for Caanoo , Wiz and Gp2x handhelds ?

if not i'm going to download the sources and play with it a bit...

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there anyh chance that nevat makes other  linux ports of locomalito games? 

by the way thanks for the pandora port :)

Well, I will talk with LocoMalito about porting other games (I need access to tilesets, backgrounds, etc.). I was thinking to port Hydorah http://www.locomalito.com/hydorah.php but I don't know if can port this game with my actual programming skills. Testing needed :D

Version 1.0 of the game for Linux is ready with a special "extra": you  can switch between "8 bits style" or "16 bit style", see the difference:

8 bits

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/abbaye02.jpg/sr=1

16 bits

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/abb16b.png/sr=1

Now wait until doragasu port the code to Openpandora. :)

That is very very nice, the 16bits are also very ... hum.. 16bits  !!!

And yes, Hydorah is definitely  a very good choice for a next project  :p  !

Wellcome to this forum and congrats for your work on convert Locomalito code..is very good, and 16 bit gfx look very nice.

I will try to port L'Abbaye des Morts for Caanoo, Wiz and GP2X consoles but i need some advice (due primarily at my low skills ^_^ ) to remove the zoom feature as this consoles have a 320x240 gfx display.

Well, I will talk with LocoMalito about porting other games (I need access to tilesets, backgrounds, etc.). I was thinking to port Hydorah http://www.locomalito.com/hydorah.php but I don't know if can port this game with my actual programming skills. Testing needed :D

Version 1.0 of the game for Linux is ready with a special "extra": you  can switch between "8 bits style" or "16 bit style", see the difference:

8 bits

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/abbaye02.jpg/sr=1

16 bits

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/9/abb16b.png/sr=1

Now wait until doragasu port the code to Openpandora. :)
I hope you the best to make that port possible :) keep up with your awesomeness !

By the way I didn't even  know about the 16bit version o_O it is great :D

Hydorah is a superb game.

Wellcome to this forum and congrats for your work on convert Locomalito code..is very good, and 16 bit gfx look very nice.

I will try to port L'Abbaye des Morts for Caanoo, Wiz and GP2X consoles but i need some advice (due primarily at my low skills ^_^ ) to remove the zoom feature as this consoles have a 320x240 gfx display.
The resolution of this game is 256x192, after composing the image (background, player, enemies, etc.) a 2xZoom is applied in line 513 of main.c file. If you comment this line, zoom will not be applied.

You need to tweak more lines, like 124 in main.c to adapt to your needs (320x240?), probably you need to tweak some lines (intro1 in fase.c file, I think).

I'm sure that doragasu can help you better than me. He adapted the game to lower resolutions.

The resolution of this game is 256x192, after composing the image (background, player, enemies, etc.) a 2xZoom is applied in line 513 of main.c file. If you comment this line, zoom will not be applied.

You need to tweak more lines, like 124 in main.c to adapt to your needs (320x240?), probably you need to tweak some lines (intro1 in fase.c file, I think).

I'm sure that doragasu can help you better than me. He adapted the game to lower resolutions.
Thanks...so the game resolution is 256x192...uhmm so a zoom is needed ...not 2x but 1.25x...i will try with it

Locomalito's games look great, I'm going to try them all out as soon as I can! Porting them to the Pandora would be a super addition to the library.

I have updated the port, using 1.0 sources from @nevat. Now you can switch between 8 and 16 bit graphics pressing "C" key :) .

I have integrated the changes I wrote for the Pandora port with the original Linux port by @nevat. The port I have done, already has the zoom removed: it renders 320x240, and is automagically scaled to 640x480 by @notaz SDL implementation. With the changes I made, I suppose you should be able to port it to Wiz/Caanoo with almost no code changes (maybe only some changes in the controls). Unfortunately I have no Wiz/Caanoo consoles to test it myself.

I have sent the merged code to @nevat. If he doesn't upload it to his repo, I can send it to you.

I have updated the port, using 1.0 sources from @nevat. Now you can switch between 8 and 16 bit graphics pressing "C" key :) .

I have integrated the changes I wrote for the Pandora port with the original Linux port by @nevat. The port I have done, already has the zoom removed: it renders 320x240, and is automagically scaled to 640x480 by @notaz SDL implementation. With the changes I made, I suppose you should be able to port it to Wiz/Caanoo with almost no code changes (maybe only some changes in the controls). Unfortunately I have no Wiz/Caanoo consoles to test it myself.

I have sent the merged code to @nevat. If he doesn't upload it to his repo, I can send it to you.
Any chance you can add an option to scale to 800x480? I like it fat.

D.

Ah ok i will wait to nevat when update the svn repo...anyway i made a quick test and it run nicely with zoom at 1.25% (at least the first intro screen (tested on my Caanoo and GP2X F200) the only remaining thing is to implement button control.

Just tested your new version ..is very good and the new color palette (16 bit) are much much better....thanks :)

Sources with OpenPandora support, added to the Google Code repository.

@Farox, to build the Wiz/Caanoo versions, you can try defining _RENDER_320_240 and _RUTAS_RELATIVAS (relative paths). To do it, add -D_RENDER_320_240 and -D_RUTAS_RELATIVAS to the gcc command line. It will build a binary that renders to a 320x240 surface, and uses relative paths to load the resources. I suppose you just have to change the keys and maybe remove/modify the window/fullscreen behaviour, and you're done.

Back