Lack of an email answer

GuSec

Hi!

I'm one of those guys that ordered 2009/01/29 and got the order confirmed 2009/01/30, but since it has been a long time, I'm moving for the third time before getting my Pandora! I've not had a problem before with changing shipping address (reply within 1-3 days or so), but now I have.

I sent an email regarding the matter 2011/09/12 and another one 2011/10/10, and I am yet to receive any answer! Of course, I've heard the rumours about a backlog, but I'm worried I'm emailing the wrong address since it's been three years (almost). Is the old openpandorasales still good? Is it just a backlog? ;)

I'm also one of those guys that would never cancel my order. Just wanna say it, since I believe it needs to be said more often. People tend to get grumpy after years of delays! This project is still just as fascinating (if not a hell lot more considering the Pandora team just keeps on going, after three years). Even though they need investors and are offering their free time! Who does that? Only open-sourced minded people I tell you. I'm amazed! Keep it up!

Regards, GuSec

As far as I know, it is just a backlog - the openpandorasales@gmail.com address is still valid, to the best of my knowledge.

If you have another e-mail address that you can try to send a message from, I don't think it would be unreasonable to attempt to send one more from there (mentioning the previous attempts, of course), just in case the others got eaten by a spam-filter or suchlike.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea. there is a pretty big backlog right now, I sent an email in on Sept 19, got one back October 13, so ED is still quite a few days behind. Just be patient, I'm sure you will hear back from him soon.

You will get a reply, one of our main problems is while we are moving things to Germany we have barely used our google checkout account for openpandora, and to our amazement they closed the account due to lack of use, and with it took away access to googlecheckout orders.

Although few orders of the 4000 went though google, it was still a few hundred, so now we're waiting on google to reopen the account so we can actually access the orders, so much for the bloody 'cloud'!

You will get a reply, one of our main problems is while we are moving things to Germany we have barely used our google checkout account for openpandora, and to our amazement they closed the account due to lack of use, and with it took away access to googlecheckout orders.
Argh. This is so ridiculous. I was hoping that paypal was the only one pulling of such crap. Plenty of businesses have season sales, why can't those idiots take this into account. At the very least you would expect them to take a reasonable effort to contact your business before taking such steps as closing the account.

Although few orders of the 4000 went though google, it was still a few hundred, so now we're waiting on google to reopen the account so we can actually access the orders, so much for the bloody 'cloud'!
Thats true google have been talking up cloud computing alot recently and then puff goes the cloud. :D

Craig, ED, you guys do have an offline list of those orderes somewhere, Right?

I might be a little paranoid about this one (sorry if i am), but please don't tell me you guys left the Google Checkout orders on the cloud without keeping an up to date offline copy somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speaking as one who ordered through google checkout this does not please me. What is the likelihood of this being sorted out?

Ah, thank you so much for your answers. I'm just going to sit and wait a little longer then. :)

So jealous of you guys with your Pandora's. Can't wait! :D

Back