Latest OS Upgrade with new Power Saving Stops USB Charging

rohezal

Advanced Member
Latest OS Upgrade with new Power Saving Stops USB Charging.

When I charge my Pandora via USB it stops charging after 5 minutes or something. I work arounded it when I play a song and turn down the volume wheel. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it worked since over a year this way.

Hmm,so far I haven't seen any issues on my 1Ghz unit and the new kernel. I was charging it at work via USB, I charged it from 30% to 100%. It seem to charge fine in low power and active. It was mostly in low power mode, but for a few minutes about half way from it charging completely I turned it on to download something from the repo and then went back to low power mode to complete charging.

Charging via USB works fine here too, but I usually charge my (rebirth) Pandora while it is in mass storage, so it may not enter a power saving state that would be necessary to "provoke" the error

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm... I do have something of a problem with the charging here, both USB and on the power adapter. I'll investigate further, but: Is it possible that the charge measurement thingy might be thrown out of calibration?

i have the charging problem too.

sometimes it doesnt start charging, then it seems to charge, but i got only a 15% charge after 5h in lowpowermode with my proven good usbcable, hmmm?

Yep, I only got up to 15% too - With the power supply.

i used to have this problem too , the battery wasn't seated correctly. i put a little piece of foam next to the battery to make it fit properly ( foam on side opposite of stylist entrance) . no problems ever since.. Bud

I have fiddled with the battery recently, so that might be the source of the problem. But I most certainly did not put it in low power mode :)

Reseating the battery solved the problem. All is well.

I forgot to say: My problem included that the red charging is on when I started the charging process, even if the Pandora doesn't charge.

So the red led is on, even when the charging stops shortly after the start of the charging process Maybe some bug with the power saving?

Update went well, no problems so far. However, my WiFi is as bad as ever, still snail slow, even right next to the Router. I guess this will never change due software updates.

Let's hope for better WiFi in the Pyra.

I forgot to say: My problem included that the red charging is on when I started the charging process, even if the Pandora doesn't charge.

So the red led is on, even when the charging stops shortly after the start of the charging process Maybe some bug with the power saving?
well I don't pay too much attention to the leds... my green power one is always on, even when the unit is powered off... reseting, removing battery and restart didn't changed that...

Update went well, no problems so far. However, my WiFi is as bad as ever, still snail slow, even right next to the Router. I guess this will never change due software updates.
When I sended my Pandora to ED, he (or Askaru :p ) removed the metal foil from the chip I guess. Now my wifi is way better, up to 1 MB/s.

That was what mine did too, prior to a little battery contact cleaning and general rejiggling...

ok, will try the magic battery reseating trick tonight, hope it will free my little silver box from the 'redlight of no charge' spell.

thanks for investigating! :)

Back