LCD Cable & WiFi issues

agent_orange

Still Fresh
Hey there,

I have two issues that arose at the same time. The first and most obvious is the screen not display colours correctly when it is at an angle. When the screen is flat no problem.

Check out the video:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/y7bJjIJKyls?feature=oembed

I am assuming this is the LCD cable being bowed and that there is a fix described here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54512-fix-bowing-lcd-bezel/. Or would replacing the LCD cable be better?

The second problem is Wifi, was working fine up until now. Wifi enables and connects to the router fine, it even connects to sites perfectly for a minute, then cannot receive any more data, but signal strength etc is fine. I am aware there is bug for the Wifi drivers, however I assumed that I escaped that, guess I have not. Are there any other suggestions to try out?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh No You have the purple tint of death meaning your cable is going or nearly gone. Cables are sold on the GBAX private page, but it depends on if you are an expert in doing this, Email Evildragon, i remember people that had this issue got it fixed by evildragon in Germany he also has a stock pile of New LCD cables that are much stronger and better,

The Wifi bit, i believe there was a wifi beta pnd out (just search forums novemebr 2010 time), that wifi beta allowed users that could not connect to wifi at all and made a difference for some in wifi stability connection and usage

Hope you get it sorted out, and I believe it is in Warranty Right?, then email Evildragon at the very least or try phoneing them as they are busy this time of year.

Bye

007jaws

Just a quick note: The bezel-bowing issue is unrelated to the LCD's internal cable. As 007jaws notes, it's the "Purple Tint of Death".

@007Jaws: Thanks, that Wifi driver pnd worked a treat. As well as fixing the problem, I think it has actually improved performance too. I will give it more a shake down later.

@Prometheus: Yeh I wondered if the bowing had caused the damage to the LCD cable, either way it looks like it needs to be replaced with the stronger LCD cable.

FYI My Pandora is still under warranty, although given how busy OP are with the RMAs they have and building new Pandas at a frantic pace, I would be tempted to do the fix myself as I do not want to be Pandoraless for months.

Has anyone attempted to fix the LCD cable themself?

What is the best way to contact ED or Craig (I bought my Panda from him) with regards to RMAs?

Back