Lcd Glitch Question

jukujin

Still Fresh
I just received my GP2X this weekend, so maybe I'm missing something obvious, but I'm having an LCD glitch problem.

I have the GP2X value pack with the 3,0,0,0 firmware and the built-in games installed, along with other misc software, couple of AVIs and MP3s.

The glitch is that the previous screen appears in psychadelic colours, at 1/4th normal screen size., once in each corner (so the entire screen is filled up).

I haven't noticed this problem before last night, and I can't peg down a specific app that this is happening to. The only odd things that happened are that I had to power-down when DrMD got stuck at the "Patching MMU screen," and the batteries running out on me last night. I put fresh batteries in, and the GP2X is telling me they're full.

This seems to happen at a couple of different times. I quit Noiz2SA and it seems to happen pretty consistently immediately after quitting. It also happens when in gpfce_v02 when pressing L + R + Joystick Button to exit from a ROM. I haven't specifically noticed it at any other time, and games and apps seem to work just fine.

I've tried setting the LCD settings, but I'm pretty much randomly guessing at what might work.

It's slightly annoying, but I'm more worried that this is a symptom of something more serious, or that it will wear down something on the GP2X. If someone has experienced this before and has an explanation or solution, I would be very much appreciative.

A couple of apps do this, its just a software issue, no big deal.

As for DrMD, there is a new version which fixes the mmu patching freeze on newer firmwares. But Picodrive is better anyway.

That's good to hear ^_^ Thank you, Blah and PokeParadox.

As a side note, is there any explanation anywhere of the "LCD Setting" slider in Settings? I can't seem to figure out exactly what it does.

Back