Learn system version / hotfix

spiralofhope

Website
blog.spiralofhope.com
Is there a straightforward way to learn what revision I'm using?

For example:

uname -a

Linux SYSTEM_NAME 2.6.27.57-omap1 #1 DATE TIME armv71 GNU/Linux

That may help, if kernel differences exist between revisions.. but I doubt that will always be true. Is there a better way?

Some sort of "about your Pandora" user guide link right on the desktop would really be the best answer. I'll add that to my todo list. =)

The boot-up splash screen shows which OS version and Hotfix revision you're using, if that's of any help.

Only as of HotFix 5, I believe. 4 and earlier there was no way to figure it out short of attempting to figure out what files were installed on the NAND and cross checking that against what the individual hot fix would install.

Last edited by a moderator:
Only as of HotFix 6, I believe. 5 and earlier there was no way to figure it out short of attempting to figure out what files were installed on the NAND and cross checking that against what the individual hot fix would install.

I can tell you for sure that the words "Hotfix 5" showed up when I first had my Pandora. I also got the better battery management that lots of people got at HF6, though, so I'm not going to make any further assertions than "I had it at HF5".

I can tell you for sure that the words "Hotfix 5" showed up when I first had my Pandora. I also got the better battery management that lots of people got at HF6, though, so I'm not going to make any further assertions than "I had it at HF5".
Yes, absolutely correct. <_<

The bootup screen does help the user, but doesn't help scripts. =)

This worked for me:

cat /etc/op-version

I'm actually not sure why I wanted to know this, but it'll go in my pile of trivia.

The bootup screen does help the user, but doesn't help scripts. =)
True, but you only asked if there was a straightforward way to learn what you're using. ;)

(I'm teasing somewhat, but more seriously, if it was clear that you wanted to know a way for scripts to get this information, I wouldn't have cluttered up your thread with the info about the splash-screen. :) )

Back