Let's talk about games that WOULD run on the Pandora...

Blue Protoman

...if they were open source. Sure, the likes of Pac-Man and Super Mario Bros. could run on the Pandora natively if they were ported; they're from the 80's! No, I refer mainly to the late 90's and early 00's era.

These games are closed source and will thus not be ported to the Pandora. Some might run under emulation. Very few are likely to be released under the GPL in the future. This thread is entirely about the hypothetical.

I personally think that the Pandora could handle, say, Half-Life. If it can handle Quake III, surely it can handle the wrath of Freeman.

Sure if your talking theoretical if somehow they decided to release the source code, I believe Half-life would be very possible on the Pandora. After seeing the Rage engine demo done for the iPhone I say our little device could do quite a bit if it had a little more developers.

I know it has been talked about but i would love to see DREAMCAST games on this device.

Quake 3 Arena on the Dreamcast is the best version of Quake 3 !!!

But that has a native port...

And we're not talking about emulation.
How about the first SOLDIER OF FORTUNE?....great violent FPS!!

That's a modified Quake II engine game.. so very likely as well.. but not sure if they ever release the source code to it. There was a linux port release by Loki games back in the day, but I think they only release x86 binaries. No source code was shared.

Last edited by a moderator:
I accidently discovered the RE4 remake on iPhone and got my wife to grab it for her iTouch. Pretty impressive compared to the GC original and on very similar hardware to Pandora, though Pandora controls would of course make it a comfortable play.

Made me wonder if GC like games could be possible on OC Pandora hardware oneday.

Will be great to see Starcraft (original and Brood War), Half Life as mentioned by OP, System Shock 2, MDK2 and maybe a port of The Typing of the Dead, though it could be emulated using a dreamcast emulator.

The pandora keyboard would be great for this.

While we are talking theoretical..

Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight would be one of my tops if it was open source.

A much needed racing game like revolt or powerslide would be good.. These were graphic intense games back in 1998-1999 but think the Pandora should be able to handle it.

As much as it'll never happen, I'd love to see StarLancer get GPL'd. Playing that (or better still, a bug-fixed version) of the pandora would seriously make my decade.

+1 for Starcraft (although I am STOKED about Red Alert. I love those devs!). I would also like to see GTA San Andres or some version like it. I just like the idea of a game that I don't have to do a set mission. I used to mess around with GTA for hours just because. I would also like to see some scary games like Amnesia. Minecraft? EVE(I have NO idea what this would entail)? Half Life would also rock.

This is actually really hard for me because I don't keep up with the gaming sphere. I am so focused on school and the gaping hole in my wallet that I try and forget about all of the cool stuff out there. But whatever! It's not like this would ever happen :lol: lolz

Lost Winds and Lost Winds 2. 3D Dot Game Heroes, this game looks simplistic graphically...

Oh, and one other game I forgot - Urban Asssault (and of course its hard to find expansion Metropolis Dawn). I loved that game and there were rumours about them making a sequel (!) a year or two ago..

I'm certain it would have been discussed somewhere on these forums already (i haven't seen it) but WINE: http://wiki.winehq.org/Debunking_Wine_Myths if it ever became possible (maybe Pandora 2?) would certainly get around the issue of everything having to be open source & ported over.. portable System Shock 2 & Thief 2.. drool!

WINE would never run; you'd have to rewrite it for ARM platforms.

Blue Protoman nude safari adventures 6
Ah, yes, I remember starring in that. There were plans for a movie, but it got canned after sales of the game tanked.

These games are closed source and will thus not be ported to the Pandora. Some might run under emulation. Very few are likely to be released under the GPL in the future. This thread is entirely about the hypothetical.

Even as a pure 'what-if' thread, it's still got inherent value to it, because it helps to get people to think about what might be possible as a community effort, and what games deserve free-as-in-speech replacements.

For my part, I'd be quited pleased if it had Disgaea and Phantasy Star Online Ep. I & II, and I am certain the hardware is capable of both.

I'd find it interesting to see some of the more graphically involved iOS games ported. Like NOVA, for which the controls were horrendous, but reminded me somewhat of a simpler HALO.

Back