Life Sim?

sephiroth111

Anyone ever play the princess maker series (DOS/win,saturn, SNES) monster rancher series (PSX, PS2, GB, GBA), or the like? i remember these games were awesome, i dont know how they could be implemented though...

sephiroth111 said:
Anyone ever play the princess maker series (DOS/win,saturn, SNES) monster rancher series (PSX, PS2, GB, GBA), or the like? i remember these games were awesome, i dont know how they could be implemented though...
Depends on what you mean by 'Life Sim'. I'm not too fimiliar with the said games but the project I'm working on for my honours degree is just that, allowing AI to control evolution of lifeforms in games, and it's implemented with rtNEAT, however that only evolves an artificial Neural Net, I'm extending it to design the whole organism.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about one of those artificial life simulation programs, the one where they'd evolve to get the food most efficiently, walk most efficiently, etc.

Or how about a neural net evolution program? Just network all existing pandoras, leave them on all night, and get your own evil emergent intelligence!

Cameleon said:
sephiroth111 said:
Depends on what you mean by 'Life Sim'. I'm not too fimiliar with the said games but the project I'm working on for my honours degree is just that, allowing AI to control evolution of lifeforms in games, and it's implemented with rtNEAT, however that only evolves an artificial Neural Net, I'm extending it to design the whole organism.

i meant more in the sense of raising a monster by training and what not. or, if it were easier, a little girl from 8 till she was 18. though a life simulation would be pretty badass also. i'd be interested in what would come out of our pandoras.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back