GP2X Link Error With Devkitgp2x

calqlater

Still Fresh
Website
schmarty.net
Hi all,

I recently got the devkitGP2X environment setup and working under Windows/cygwin via the instructions in the GP2X User Guide. I got the demo to compile and then run on my gp2x (exciting!). For an encore, I edited the Makefile for sterm and got that to compile and then run on my gp2x (super exciting!).

Now I'm staring at a copy of the SCUMMvm source that is soo close to being compiled that I can taste it. After some fiddling with ./configure and environment variables, everything compiled nicely using the devkitGP2X toolchain, until the final linking, which gives me this:

Code:
c:/devkitGP2X/bin/arm-linux-g++.exe    backends/sdl/events.o backends/sdl/graphics.o backends/sdl/sdl.o base/libbase.a scumm/libscumm.a simon/libsimon.a sky/libsky.a sword1/libsword1.a sword2/libsword2.a queen/libqueen.a saga/libsaga.a gob/libgob.a gui/libgui.a graphics/libgraphics.a sound/libsound.a backends/libbackends.a common/libcommon.a sound/softsynth/mt32/libmt32.a   -LC:/devkitGP2X/sysroot/usr/lib -LC:/devkitGP2X/lib -LC:/devkitGP2X/arm-linux/lib -Wl,-rpath,C:/devkitGP2X/lib -lSDL -lpthread -lm -ldl -o scummvm.exe
c:\devkitgp2x\bin\..\lib\gcc\arm-linux\4.0.2\..\..\..\..\arm-linux\bin\ld.exe: cannot find /usr/lib/ inside c:\devkitgp2x\arm-linux\bin\../../sysroot
make: *** [scummvm.exe] Error 1

I've tried adding and removing various directories to the lib path to no avail. I've even tried calling arm-linux-ld.exe directly, but always get this 'cannot find /usr/lib/ inside...' error.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Hmm. Some trying again from scratch (make clean, clean up the env variables, add static linking) somehow led to a successful (though warning-filled) compile.

Sorry for the trouble! Now to see how/if/whatever this thing is going to run. :D

Back