Link To Cool Usb Devises For The New Cradle

seen12

Still Fresh
Well the cradle(BOB) is due out in 6 day, I'd like to see what we can plug in to it. I'm kinda thing small and portable usb devises. I really like to find some cheap none PSX style controller for it, more like really small SNES Dpad. Ebay had some 6 months ago but now nothing. Any way lets see what you guys find.

P-Goat, You've tested a 360 controller with the BOB? I was thinkin about that but I wanted to make sure it worked with it....Cuz there kinda expensive...

purple_goat said:
uhh.. if you mean by cradle is break out box..
then when you say days you must mean weeks/months
although 360 controllers work great for usb stuff as far as I know

Well the BOB is due out, mabe your have to wait a few weeks to get one but they are out, and If you mean xbox360 controllers then your missing the point , I'd rather have to pack 2 or 3 Xbox360 controller on trips, It be nice to find smaller usb devises that will work well.

Last edited by a moderator:
lawndart said:
Well the BOB is due out, mabe your have to wait a few weeks to get one but they are out, and If you mean xbox360 controllers then your missing the point , I'd rather have to pack 2 or 3 Xbox360 controller on trips, It be nice to find smaller usb devises that will work well.

Use a controller or adaptor or mod from these guys:
http://www.retrousb.com/

I think a standard NES or SNES would be fine, pretty small too. Actually the #1 mod should be a mini keyboard, GameStop used to have one that would strap onto a PSX controller and was just USB so it would work on anything.

nubie said:
lawndart said:

I think a standard NES or SNES would be fine, pretty small too. Actually the #1 mod should be a mini keyboard, GameStop used to have one that would strap onto a PSX controller and was just USB so it would work on anything.

Ya I've looked into it but it's kinda pricey, I just thinking there's got to be a better deal, the ones I've seen sold for 4.99, where shorter then a nes game pad , and had all the same buttons as a SNES gamepad. I'm going to keep looking and see if I cant find them, and I'll post a link.

nubie said:
lawndart said:

Good website! I was looking at them and I'm now kinda confused for it says that no drivers are required. Does that mean if I just plugged it into the BOB, it would automatically work on the GP2X?? Please someone tell me. I don't understand how a Controller can just automatically work on it.

Shifty said:
nubie said:
lawndart said:

Good website! I was looking at them and I'm now kinda confused for it says that no drivers are required. Does that mean if I just plugged it into the BOB, it would automatically work on the GP2X?? Please someone tell me. I don't understand how a Controller can just automatically work on it.

Basic explanation: Generic driver-ish things. It'll see the gamepad pretty much how Windows sees it if you don't install any drivers. Various functions of the gamepad may be disabled(I have a pad with a 'shift' button and vibrate functionality. If you plug it in without drivers, the vibrating doesn't work and the 'shift' button becomes a regular button.), or it may not work at all. If it works, it should work with the GP2X.

I'm thinking this'll be a good reason to pick up some tiny USB gamepads. However, that will come with time, as first I need to work up the cash for the dock itself.

Shifty said:
P-Goat, You've tested a 360 controller with the BOB? I was thinkin about that but I wanted to make sure it worked with it....Cuz there kinda expensive...
No, I've tested the 360 controller. It doesn't work. There's no drivers available for it at the moment, as it needs special drivers even on a PC. There are open source 360 drivers that could be moved over to the GP2X but that hasn't really happened as far as I know.

For those interested: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Xbox_360_controller_on_Linux

Ok, I'm thinkin' of getting this one:
midwestgames_1942_1640123.jpg

Its meant for the PS2 but I think It will work as long as I have the Ps2 to usb adapter. In case It dosen't though, how do I get and install drivers on it for the GP2X? Do I stick 'em on an SD?

Shifty said:
Ok, I'm thinkin' of getting this one:
midwestgames_1942_1640123.jpg

Its meant for the PS2 but I think It will work as long as I have the Ps2 to usb adapter. In case It dosen't though, how do I get and install drivers on it for the GP2X? Do I stick 'em on an SD?
You DON'T NEED DRIVERS. The point is, it's got the basic stuff in there. If the basic stuff isn't enough, that's it game over. If it is, hurray and huzzah.

That, well, you shouldn't need any unless you get a really crazy adaptor.

But does an x-arcade stick work with it? One of my gp2x projects is building a arcade cabinet (with my own games included along with mame and the other emulators). The cradle would be most excellent for that. I can take the gp2x out to go mobile, and when I come home I can pop it into the cradle on a shelf in the cabinet and I'm in the arcade again.

twoplayer1.jpg

berighteous said:
But does an x-arcade stick work with it? One of my gp2x projects is building a arcade cabinet (with my own games included along with mame and the other emulators). The cradle would be most excellent for that. I can take the gp2x out to go mobile, and when I come home I can pop it into the cradle on a shelf in the cabinet and I'm in the arcade again.

twoplayer1.jpg
Ive always wanted one of those. And that just reminded me :D

Ive got an old Pentium M laptop, a 19" CRT and my ebay account :eek:

Back