Linx Vision 8" Windows 10 Tablet With Gaming Controls

andmaz777

well, you could just glue an android tablet to that things back, and then it would be sort of a linux/windows 10 tablet ^^

Saw it in PCworld and the dpad was horrible.

I'm hopeful someone will come out with a clamshell windows gaming device though.

Well, to be fair it does claim full xbox controls, and the d-pad on that was pretty horrible especially on the 360.

The design doesn't look especially coherent, with bits and pieces being added on here and there, but it looks like it could be comfortable assuming that tablet isn't made of lead, and we should be careful arguing aesthetics on these pyra boards.

For the money it's great - people will either love or hate the control set up but it does work in the main and very good when it comes to Xbox one streaming.

Oh... Atom only?

Well, I guess for the price...

I have no xbox so zero appeal.

Would rather a fully powered i5 tablet for some semi decent PC gaming on the go. 

Anyone here catch what I am intimating at?

*I left a clue in another thread*

It doesn't need an xbox to use; it's running full Windows 10, although gawd knows how fast with that measly clock rate (although it does have quad cores to help keep things ticking over).  I've emulated GBA on an old netbook okay, although that had a slightly faster stable clock speed than this.  It might even do better at running some homebrew than my old netbook can with those extra cores.

I don't have an XBOXOne but for the money would consider this for emulators and Steam.

I don't have a PC at the moment, just a work laptop, so I could use this and install Steam onto it

... but I'm wondering how the MicroSD expansion works in terms of using that to store your Steam games on.

Is that doable, can you save your Steam games onto an SD as the 32GB wouldn't last very long?

... but I'm wondering how the MicroSD expansion works in terms of using that to store your Steam games on.

Is that doable, can you save your Steam games onto an SD as the 32GB wouldn't last very long?

Can't you configure Steam Library folders in settings? At least I could on Linux Steam, I set the Steam Library folder to a big secondary partition to avoid filling the OS partition.

I'm not sure, I'll take a look at the settings menu though and see, I hope so then

I'm pretty sure it is possible to have steam games installed to the microSD... at least with win 8.1, so I'm sure win10 can do it.

Not from personal experience but something I read somewhere researching... something similar.

So...  every product in this size is a failure to me.  I still don't carry a man purse.  Call me old fashioned.  If a mobile electronic device doesn't fit in my front pants pocket, it doesn't go.

So...  every product in this size is a failure to me.  I still don't carry a man purse.  Call me old fashioned.  If a mobile electronic device doesn't fit in my front pants pocket, it doesn't go.
Oh to be so unburdened...

My vehicle is loaded with tools for different situations... as well as structures and stands for setting up a stand to sell my goods...

I'm always carting heavy loads between places.

I have a number of bags that I carry with me always, from a chunky fanny pack that contains float money (change).

I also have a small shoulder bag that contains my electronic devices, as well as battery packs and some few special items I always keep with me for doing on the fly divinations and psychic sleuthings.

Then I also have a much larger bag than contains emergency toiletries, notebooks, a change of clothing, a more compact set of basic tools, a magnetic telescoping led torch, and uh... some other items nobody needs to know about. ;)

But you are right, that particular form factor, size, (and utility) would not find a place in my life.

Back