Little John v0.3 release!

TandeM

Mega Pandora Mania?
Website
Visit site
yoyofr's LJGP32 0.3 release here:

http://www.ljgp32.fr.st/

QUOTE:

Optimized speed : most games can be played at frameskip 0 with sound.
Fixed some bugs in ppu emulation (screen borders were sometimes wrong)
Added new sound option : quality (low,medium,high),filtering (none, soft, high). Basically quality is frequency (11, 22 or 44Khz).
            Note that on some games medium quality is required (sound mixing bug).
Fixed savestate bugs (used to crash emu)

Added Mappers:

"Current supported list (some may be buggy):
Various fixes here & there ;-).
No GUI new features (next  version probably...)"

And yes, I know there is still plenty of room for improvement (GUI, Browser, Buttons combos...) but I'm working on a new project
for the gp32 and it's very time consuming! Expect more news in some weeks.

FS0 w/sound, yay!

I'll comment after some testing :D

UPDATE: Speed is awesome - 50 fps is the minimum I've seen in any game so far; most run fine at FS0. Is there even as emulator as feature-packed as this one for the PC? As of now, it's got my vote for the best emulator on the GP32.

Some minor quirks, though:

-Graphical weirdness in the "intermissions" between circuit in Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!! (U); haven't tested the Mr. Dream version yet....

-Also in MTPO, does the game seem to play overly fast with auto frameskip, or is it just me? Maybe it's just the framerate boost, but the music seems to have accelerated as well...

-In Kirby's Adventure, the sound that accompanies Kirby's sliding kick (Down+A/B) can't be heard.

-Menu functions don't match their descriptions, though it's pretty obvious what 90% of them do.

god damn I didn't think this thong could get any better but once again I am proven wrong. This emulator is now truly full speed and offers more features than I know what do do with. Simply amazing

yeah this thong is perfect I mean thing ya know. As far as his next project goes I think I can make an educated guess just from past coments that have been made. I know that the future plans of little john are to add support for other nintendo systems such as snes and possibly gba support at some point. Howver if this project that he is talking about is not adding extra systems to little john then it might be a wonderswan emulator. I know that awhile back somthing was mentioned about one and stated that it was already at the point of the other wonder swan emulator that has already been released. This was about a month ago so who knows it could be close to perfect by now. Yet again I could be totaly wrong and he coud have something compleatly new to suprize us with. Whatever it is yo yo has proven that he can diffinatly make an absolutly amazing emulator and I must say this that is with out a doubt my favorit emulator on the gp32 hands down.

Yay! He perfected nes emulation. I wonder if he's going to start on the snes portion of ljgp32 now.

I can't wait until he finishes all the nintendo systems for lj... I can't wait to play game cube games on gp32 :D

Meonlyeviler posted on Aug 8 2003 said:
I can't wait until he finishes all the nintendo systems for lj... I can't wait to play game cube games on gp32 :D
Hmmm... I suppose you could emulate the Gamecube if you overclocked the GamePark enough. Of course, you'd have to find a way to keep the GP32 at absolute zero so that it would superconduct and not melt itself, but still..... :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
yoyo is a very nice fellow. Awesome coder and also releases the source of every release, to benefit the coders and the community. Three tumbs up!

I can't wait to play mario :) And duckhunt :)

Thanks yoyo for realsing the soure i whis everbody would do that ;)

I want my GP32 :)

I have a feeling the next emu will be WonderSwan.... :D

He has previously mentioned that he would like to dev a Wonderswan emu, and this would seem to be easier than a SNES for the moment...

Final Fantasty Remakes!!! Woohoo!!!

A wonderswan emu would be okay, but IMO, there are only four good games, Final Fantasy 1, 2, 3, and 4.

The new littlejohn release 3.0 plays like magic, although there is a bit of regression since some games/mappers that worked flawless before on v 0.2(1) now show graphics-errors (wrong charactertiles):

Adventure Island 1 - mapper 3
After Burner - mapper 68
Arkanoid - mapper 3
Arkanoid II - mapper 70
Donkey Kong Classics - mapper 3
Gradius - mapper 3

Keep up the good work, 60fps does feel a lot more like the real thing! Now of to play mspacman full-speed....
Salut, Mark

Back