Locking Car Kit Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nation.A.List

Squidge said:
Personally, I notice two fails:
  • Posting in a topic over three months old without good reason.
  • Quoting an entire post, and an 8 month old post at that.
Point 1. Gruso reserected his own post because he found some new equipment pertinant to the project. Seems reasonable to me.
Point 2. I agree with your second point. The quoting of the original post in full was just plain dim/lazy.

Therefore on balance I feel a slap on the wrist was sufficient but the topic should remain open.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fair enough. Old posts are locked because typically people forget about them, then they reappear and people think they are new topics. So instead of posting in the old topic, its normally better to create a new topic for the new information and then reference the old topic in the new one by a link. Therefore people can reference the old material if they want to.

Since the topic is just a smidge over 3 months, I'll re-open it, please take note of the above for the future.

Wait, what? Mods are being reasonable and are listening to people's requests? Conspiracy! [sub]O[/sub]h[sub],[/sub] [sup]w[/sup][sub]h[/sub]a[sup]t[/sup] h[sub]a[/sub]s[sup] [sub]t[/sub][/sup]h[sup]e[/sup] w[sub]o[/sub]r[sub][sup]l[/sup][/sub][sup]d[/sup] [sub][sup]c[/sup][/sub]o[sub]m[/sub]e [sup][sub]t[/sub][/sup]o[sub].[/sub].[sub][sup].[/sup][/sub]

;)

Squidge said:
Fair enough. Old posts are locked because typically people forget about them, then they reappear and people think they are new topics. So instead of posting in the old topic, its normally better to create a new topic for the new information and then reference the old topic in the new one by a link. Therefore people can reference the old material if they want to.

Since the topic is just a smidge over 3 months, I'll re-open it, please take note of the above for the future.
Thanks for that, please now delete / lock this thread to avoid a waste of ink.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back