Logitech Wireless mouse

DoubleDash

I bought a Logitech M195 wireless mouse the other day, unfortunately there was no wiki information available on this one or similar. It was pretty cheap and main brand, also stated to be compatible with linux 2.6, it worked immediately on ubuntu. The question is, how would I get it to work with the pandora. It's not bluetooth but uses a small wi-fi usb dongle which plugs into the computer.

It's one of these Logitech M195.

I chose the mouse because:

- of the linux 2.6 compatibility

- it is compact (it can fit into the same pouch as my pandora and other stuff)

- the usb 2 dongle is small

- the dongle can be stored inside the mouse

- no wires!

Any help in getting started here would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I bought a Logitech M195 wireless mouse the other day, unfortunately there was no wiki information available on this one or similar. It was pretty cheap and main brand, also stated to be compatible with linux 2.6, it worked immediately on ubuntu. The question is, how would I get it to work with the pandora. It's not bluetooth but uses a small wi-fi usb dongle which plugs into the computer.

It's one of these Logitech M195.

I chose the mouse because:

- of the linux 2.6 compatibility

- it is compact (it can fit into the same pouch as my pandora and other stuff)

- the usb 2 dongle is small

- the dongle can be stored inside the mouse

- no wires!

Any help in getting started here would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Is its usb 2 then it should just work, if it isnt then you will need a hub,, many many mice are usb 1.1 and as the pandora port is only usb 2 you need a hub to "convert" it up to usb 2

Thanks meandu229.

Yes it is USB 2 so should just work. I'm pretty sure that I also tried it through my griffin smart hub. Will try again when I get home. :)

Thanks meandu229.

Yes it is USB 2 so should just work. I'm pretty sure that I also tried it through my griffin smart hub. Will try again when I get home. :)
there is a problem with the usb that if you plug in a 1.1 device then a usb 2.0 device it wont work until a reboot, so try with the hub 1st?

That's worth knowing! I'll give this a whirl later.

Thanks again.

Thanks meandu229.

there is a problem with the usb that if you plug in a 1.1 device then a usb 2.0 device it wont work until a reboot, so try with the hub 1st?

It's working! Thanks for your help on this. Thankfully a combination of the usb swap over bug and me reading that it was usb 2 has not wasted too much time, I'm glad I posted! The griffin smartshare usb hub provides another point so it's not so much of a pain, although it would have been great to be able to leave the small micro sized wifi usb thingy in the pandora! Mind you I could just leave it plugged into the griffin, that way it would not get lost and would also be ready as soon as I plugged in the griffin....every cloud has a silver lining!

I can't believe that companies are still flogging USB 1 devices. Perhaps it's a cost thing or they are trying to provide backward compatibility with older boxes?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd reckon it's for campatibility, and also the fact that I can't imagine that a mouse sends enough data to need more than the slowest speeds available anyway! I've a small powered Belkin hub for use when I want to connect an external hard drive, otherwise I normally use this if I'm only going to use a wireless mouse:

http://www.manhattan-products.com/en-US/products/9127-hi-speed-usb-combo-hub

I've a Microsoft Bluetrack mouse (actual product number escapes me!) with a little reciever like your Logitech, so that fits nice and snug onto the hubs without protruding too much (and the Manhattan doesn't add a massive amount of space to the back of the Pandora)

I'd reckon it's for campatibility, and also the fact that I can't imagine that a mouse sends enough data to need more than the slowest speeds available anyway! I've a small powered Belkin hub for use when I want to connect an external hard drive, otherwise I normally use this if I'm only going to use a wireless mouse:

http://www.manhattan...d-usb-combo-hub

I've a Microsoft Bluetrack mouse (actual product number escapes me!) with a little reciever like your Logitech, so that fits nice and snug onto the hubs without protruding too much (and the Manhattan doesn't add a massive amount of space to the back of the Pandora)

Nice hub/card reader. Have you got a link for where to buy in the UK?

I got mine in a Harvey Normans, they seem to stock a fair amount of Manhattan products.

Back