Looking For A Homebrew Game But Can't Find One.

Spadoof

Website
Visit site
Dear Readers,

Just wondering if there are any homebrew games out there comparible to the elder scroll series game. In that I mean a game that is has the same type of game play and not neccesarly 3D graphics. In other words, a 2-D version of oblivion and morrowind. I know that dozens of games have been recreated, but I haven't found any comparable to what I'm asking for. Does anyone if a homebrew game like this exists? Thanks for your help.

-Spadoof :gp2x

I can't say I like Roguelikes... The turn-based thing just gets to me. I suppose that's what I get for growing up on Zelda.

Is there anything in realtime anyone would suggest?

Would egoboo or fleshchasmer be the kind of game your meaning (never tried the game you mentioned, but these are realtime rogue-likes on GP2X (etc. in the case of egoboo)...)

I know exactly what you mean... to this day The Elder Scrolls: Arena is still my favorite PC game of all time (the sequels were all good too but not as much). I look forward to the day when TES can be played through DOSbox. The system requirements weren't all that steep so it's basically the mouse controls and keyboard input that are holding it back.

Hooka said:
Would egoboo or fleshchasmer be the kind of game your meaning (never tried the game you mentioned, but these are realtime rogue-likes on GP2X (etc. in the case of egoboo)...)
I'll have to try Egoboo... When I first got my 2X, the errors in the comment section scared me off. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back