Looking For Console Icon/graphics Collection

raven

Website
yafl.gossamer.nl
I'm looking for a good icon/graphics collection with all (or as many as possible) the consoles emulated on the GP32 drawn in the same style and -if possible- from the same angle.
I want to make a background picture for Wind-ups using these icons/graphics. On top of icons/graphics I will use fully transparent icons for my shortcuts. This way I can have bigger icons under Wind-ups.
So if anyone knows a good collection please let me know :)

thats an odd idea... dunno where to find pics like that though (all at the exact same angle). Yeah I'd like to know how to get some icons too, as my wind ups desktop just has the Gamepark logo on all of the Icons for all of my new programs

EDIT: hah already answered before I asked :)

I understand what you are trying to achieve now..although I have had problems getting icons 'exactly' where I wanted it.. :p If you can find a picture of the front cover for Edge's Retro..it has a fair few consoles there from the same angle.

here: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/1380989/ ... I cant find a decent picture...

yaustar posted on Feb 22 2004 at 06:52 PM said:
I understand what you are trying to achieve now..although I have had problems getting icons 'exactly' where I wanted it.. :p If you can find a picture of the front cover for Edge's Retro..it has a fair few consoles there from the same angle.
Actually, I have a copy (nice magazine) but most of the graphics are cut off. But that is sort-of what I am looking for. I also have 7 icons in the same style and angle (NES, SNES, Gameboy, Master System, Genesis, NG Pocket and PC Engine) but am hoping to find more.
Getting the icons in the right place is easy if you first use a transparent icon with a non-transparent outline and swap that with a fully transparent one once all icons are in place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you mind posting a screenshot of your desktop? I am interested in what it looks like at the moment..

Hmmm, didn't have any webspace so couldn't point anywhere. Made it my avatar for a while so I can show it.
This is just the emu-icons in a row to see if it would work. If I can find the right icons I will create a decent background.
av-1603.gif

Attachments

• av-1603.gif
    av-1603.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 150
I was going to do something like that for the icons but just did not have enough room :( ..

yo raven i thought id re-open this topic because i was thinking about it. did you ever finish it? if you did would you email me the images and config file to bringoutthegimp@fastmail.fm?

bringoutthegimp posted on Feb 29 2004 at 09:53 PM said:
yo raven i thought id re-open this topic because i was thinking about it. did you ever finish it? if you did would you email me the images and config file to bringoutthegimp@fastmail.fm?
Still looking for a bigger icon-collection. I either want it perfect or not at all. If I find what I want I'll send you the files.

Alpha2: had seen those, they are nice but unless someone emulates the latest generation consoles on the GP32...
But thanks for posting :)

Hi Guys,

I saw this thread and thought I would share the icons I have been making with you all. I am a Graphic Designer, and so have been really frustrated at not being able to do anything 'useful' in the GP32 community, so I thought I would make some icons etc for Windups...

I have been sitting on a few for a while, and although I wasn't going to make them available until I had done more, I have uploaded them for you here:

www.holster.co.uk/icons.zip

Hope you like them, I think they might be what you're looking for. More are planned, but I don't get a lot of free time so bear with me!

®

Back