Love Hultén - Expensive hand made consoles

sm0kew0n

Very Active Member
Just sharing, I cannot afford any of this stuff, but would certainly like to have some. I'm always toying with the idea of a wooden case for a console, but this just highlights why small production runs of handmade stuff is so expensive. Still, next time someone whinges about the cost the Pyra, direct them here :)

http://www.lovehulten.com/

42.jpg kurb3.jpg

(I did search before posting so sorry if it's been mentioned)

Wow this is lovely stuff. The retro sci-fi aesthetics are super clean and pleasing. I am afraid, that if I could afford one of those slender arcade cabs, I wouldn't have an appropriate place to put it though. It would need a room to not just accommodate it, but actually integrate with it's looks. The sperical displays and thingamabobs on the synths and the "echo observatory" are very neat as well.

Just watched a video detailing the making of the portable in your first picture. I am not sure I'd call this handmade, just because he uses his hands to operate the machines ^^. Not that I am an expert at woodworking, but I have two carpenter friends who work in huge workshops at the local theatre and they don't have any high-tech tools like that around, so they actually do make things like that (and more complicated furniture, etc) by hand. Then again, they wish they had tools like this at their disposal. Obviously producing things in series and guaranteeing a certain standard in quality is a lot easier this way.

The arcade cab inspires me to try and build my own wooden cab. I always thought it would probably turn out bulky and unelegant. Wonder what hardware they install in these things. The portables might have some rpi or clones I'd guess?

It's not good advertising when the picture of the game is cutoff due to a too small screen hole.

My favorite of all those is definitely that though:
kaidgif_orig.gif

Back