LShift+E locks everything up in certain cases

Kelvin

Pixel Mercenary
Website
www.kelvinshadewing.net
For whatever reason, when I'm in the terminal or Dosbox, if I hold the left shoulder and hit E, I'm locked out of all input except for moving the mouse and the logo key; all keyboard input, clicks, and touchscreen are disabled until I do a hard reset. I've tried doing this in some other apps, but nothing else seems to cause it to lock up, and I've never noticed this before. Even recently, I was able to do it in Dosbox with no problem. It only just started happening today, and it's consistent; I've tried it several times with each app. Given that it only seems to effect these two apps, I think it's a software problem, but I have no idea why it would ever do this. Could there maybe be a short in it somewhere causing it to simultaneously use some other E-key shortcut? I'm really at a loss with this one.
[doublepost=1491712057,1491711758][/doublepost]Update, I just tried Dosbox again, and this time, I didn't need to hold shift. It seems to be happening randomly now.

Perhaps under the keys and keymat or maybe somewhere else on the device, there's some dust-like clot thats turning into a conductor?

That's my theory anyway

What happens when you hold the Pandora Button for 5 Seconds when "locked"?

Nothing for Dosbox. For terminal, the kill window shows up, but it's empty, and I can't click on anything anyway. Still haven't found any other apps with this problem.

Just tried going online. I lose keyboard input, but I can still click. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to this. I've had this thing worked on several times now over the time I've had it. I think it may just be dying.

There is a keyboard lock on the power switch if you move it all the way left, is it possible your power switch is malfunctioning and putting the keyboard in lock mode sporadically?

There is a keyboard lock on the power switch if you move it all the way left, is it possible your power switch is malfunctioning and putting the keyboard in lock mode sporadically?
I think you have it. If I push it to the right and then wake it back up, the keyboard works. I think something is loose inside maybe and is causing the switch to meander right. I'll just have to try and hold out for this month, since I'm going to a convention, then I'll see about getting it fixed.

Back