M.p. Idol

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Oh dear. Tonight, on ITV 1 at 11:00, we have what is basically M.P. Idol. Normal members of the public come forward and it seems the winner will have a campaign and £1000 cost paid for.

My main issues with this are:

-I doubt that they will ever get elected anyway. A vote is more important than paying £3 for a no-talent loser's cover from X-Factor.

-We will have hardline pricks. I've seen a few adverts and one guy 'advocates a public flogging for violent offenders' Yeah, you've put a lot of thought into that one.

I'm a cynical bastard, and while this may be interesting I have an overwhelming feeling that it won't be.

Thoughts?

hmmm, whilst the idea may be somewhat flawed, on the flip side, it could be quite a productive thing.

if it gets more people interested in politics than thats only a good thing.

at the end of the day its going to be just another candidate in some constituency, and £1000 isn't going to get them anywhere.

its outrageous...I'm not some crazy old man, but seriously it just spells out that politics is nothing more than a talent contest (granted that didnt necessarily need clarifying)
My thoughts exactly.

The problem is that the people who watch the program (or ordinary viewers) will not have taken the time to really think out wha tpolicies are right, so people will vote for people who want "public flogging" and the like without any thought going into any problems which may surround this.
I am going to watch though to see if there will be anyone with views like me "running".

ANARCHY RULZ!!! :blink: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
its outrageous...I'm not some crazy old man, but seriously it just spells out that politics is nothing more than a talent contest (granted that didnt necessarily need clarifying)
My thoughts exactly.

The problem is that the people who watch the program (or ordinary viewers) will not have taken the time to really think out wha tpolicies are right, so people will vote for people who want "public flogging" and the like without any thought going into any problems which may surround this.
I am going to watch though to see if there will be anyone with views like me "running".

that makes no sense

people won't automatically vote for the outrageous right winger out of default, there has to be something motivating them, however small a thing it is.

i watched this

not only was it very boring, but ridiculous

but the bottom line is they basically win £1,000 and publicity

i could go on who wants to be a millionaire and win £16,000 and spend that on a kick arse campaign

people may vote for them, due to the same reason they bought nadia's "song" (eugh!), evil as though it is

My thoughts exactly.

I find it bizarre that you proclaim that anarchy "rulz", yet you think it's bad that people don't consider policies when electing politicians.

I'll point out that the £1000 will be the money it costs to run, and not doubt they'll have a huge campaign and the popularity from the show.

I think it's on again tonight. That guy who said that 95% of prisoners are scum, when he clearly is himself. And was jailed for fraud.

I hate the general public :)

Back