Mail From Ed (with Estimated Shipping Dates)

hch

no thanks
i just found this in my inbox, might be of interest for everybody who ordered through the german site:

Hi,

we thank you for your order of the Pandora Console and confirm it with
this eMail.

As you received this mail, it also means we already received your
payment (if this is not true: Please send us a short message).
We'd like to thank you all for your support. Without you, this project
wouldn't have been possible.

Unfortunately, the worldwide financial crisis lead to delays from our
suppliers - this means: we can't ship the Pandora at the end of
November.
It's likely it will be January / February, though December IS still
possible (I wouldn't bet on it, though).
Development is still going on, if you'd like to have more, up-to-date
news, please visit the OpenPandora Website (http://www.openpandora.org).

If you've got any questions or want to change your order, simply drop
me a mail.

Greetings,

EvilDragon aka Michael Mrozek
OpenPandora GmbH

Argh. Looks like I'll have to get myself a Beagleboard to have something omap3 in the meantime. If they could just move on to their mythical Rev. C board soon.

Never! :lol:

EDIT: Seems like it's not bullshit after all. Damn. :(

I think thats been said already, I wouldn't bet against a small batch being sent out before christmas, it might just take them that long to get them ALL shipped.........ahhh, optimistic till the end!

Also, seems a little strange to not rule out december, but still give a further two months down the line as a possibilty?!?

Yep, it's basically the same info I posted in the Blogs.

It might be December, but can also take until January or even February.
Don't think it will take longer though. :)

But I don't want to make an estimation for December, then some manufacturer can't deliver anything, after that I have to announce another delay, etc.

I think it's better this way and keep you informed about what's currently happening instead :)

NickLoTurco said:
I think thats been said already, I wouldn't bet against a small batch being sent out before christmas, it might just take them that long to get them ALL shipped.........ahhh, optimistic till the end!

Also, seems a little strange to not rule out december, but still give a further two months down the line as a possibilty?!?
It would be nice if a hundred or so came out before the year's end :) lucky people getting some in before xmas.

Last edited by a moderator:
MDave said:
NickLoTurco said:

It would be nice if a hundred or so came out before the year's end :) lucky people getting some in before xmas.

Considering it was supposed to be out by spring 08 and now it's (projected) winter 09, I wouldn't count on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The second wave on enocomical crisis will totaly void the pandoras' funds.

If you search really hard in this forum you will find somehting like XMas 2007 :) However, that ws way before the chioce of SoC was changed.

It is no problem for me to wait (OK a little problem :) ) BUT if it WOULD have been outin November it WOULD have been hte FIRST OMAP3 handheld (AFAIK) If it comes out in Feb. or April 2009 it might not be the only one and then no one would (xept us) will care about the P :(

Sometimes it is better to rush something out and do something improved later. Look at the GP2x, they sold 30000 or so. If they would have waited one year to release its final (maybe bug free version) they wouldn't have sold that much :) But in the end we will be allhappy that it took that long to make the P and is bug free. Its the Dev team's loss, not ours ;)

Back