Make Nintendo Pay

pantera6

Ruler of good and evil, then i make them fight tog
Website
Visit site
Well ive mentioned this a few times
but the new ds lite pad sucks real big time for metroid prime, mario 64 ds and splintercell, and im sure others
i want us all to rise against nintendo and tell them to stop selling us crap.
All of you which have the same problem as me should all send emails to nintendo telling them our problem.
We want a dpad that works
AAAAAA, all this annoys me, why cant nintendo just give us one good ds without having to buy a re-deign
we need nintendo to hear us
so on all the forums you can think of, post your anger, send your opinion to games magazines
START A RIOT

the lite pad is loads better in my opinion, easier to use, more responsive. maybe its your thumbs? :D
Ya, the new pad is loads better. Its so much easier to pull off a snaking drift boost in mario kart DS, and is loads more responsive. You can see my new Tetris DS scores for that (Level 99 w00t!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't gotten a Lite yet (hopefully soon ^_^ ), but the d-pad seems to be most like the micro's pad, which is one of the best I've used. Don't expect any complaints from me.

And just don't buy the redesign if you're mad about Nintendo reselling the same hardware...

mayby it is my thumb
i have to admit its a great pad for most games
but it ruins games like metroid

Alot of people have been talking about it lately. I've heard that when you press two directions at once, for example, press up and right at the same time to move Mario northeast in SM64DS. It seems simple to do with the old DS' d-pad but some say it is harder with the Lite's.

According to Nintendo, you should use a toothbrush and clean inside where the d-pad is and it will move alot better if you have this problem. People tried it and it seemed to work. I guess if you don't try that method you could continue to use the Lite's d-pad and over time it will become more smooth. I don't know if all Lites are like this at first but I've heard from some out of the box it works perfectly and for some it takes a bit of using for a little while.

mayby it is my thumb
i have to admit its a great pad for most games
but it ruins games like metroid
Are you playing MPH non-stylus input method? If so, there is no help. Otherwise all you do with keyinputs are plus pad that works like a charm...although I do agree that it's a bit of small size.

Ok, I guess I will find out when I get a new game for my DS. I have only got WarioWare Touched now, so I have hardly even touched the dpad...

i still don't know what was wrong with the first DS. I don't recall there ever being a perfect hardware that everybody loved and there probably never will be, you either like it or you don't, but i think in the grand scheme of things, the Lite is a better DS, well at least until next year when its released again as DS Micro, or DS Pii pii

DS Lite is the coolest

Plus you have a whole library of GBA games SNES converts galore!

Keeping my DS Fat, at least it doesn't look retarded when playing gba games, or using supercard.

I was upset about the GBA cart sticking out, too, when the lite was first revealed. But then I thought about it, and I very rarely use the DS for GBA. Just so they release DS-specific expansions and stuff in a way that's flush with the lite, I'm alright with that.

Back