Making New Bor Mod Snk Vs Capcom. Help/opinions!

Hokutoy

Hi!
Village of Rage mod is "holded" for a while so i'm making a SNKvsCapcom Chaos MOD (more based in Street Fighter chars than Snk)
What i need from you:

1- What 3 player character would you like to control??? (2 man + 1 women)
I'm thinking in Chun-li (weak/speed), Guile (slow/power) & Kim (equilibrate/cool)
What do you think/like?

2- I will use all Street Fighter chars & some SNK chars (all from SVSCChaos). I think that i need some "type of story" that explain why are you fighting a bunch of Dalshims & Dans... (in fact, a lot of them :p ). The clones/shadow story is so typical... any sugestion?

Byes!

Kill Ryu

Ken sneaks away from his lover Ryu to marry Chun-Li, because Ryu plans to betray Capcom to become SNK's biggest Hero on the Atomiswave and of course because he always digged their artwork.
At their wedding ceremony the abandoned Lover comes back for a bloody revenge. Ken barely makes it and returns as Violent Ken.
He travels to Japan and trains at Gouki, Ryu's former master.
With his new skills he battle's Shiki a.k.a. O-ren Shiki and the clan of 88 Dan Hibiki clones.
Then he hunts down a black version of Mai in America, which is obviously populated by Terry Bogards, look at their demand for caps. :D
End of part 1

Well ok, that story would suck, but Violent Ken would be a cool character for a revenge story. :p

As for 2 more playable Charactes I would choose Mai and Demitri (only when he has the sex change super, my favorite move in the whole game, I love to demoralize my enemies :ph34r: )

I think we all know Dan is THE FAVORITE of SNK if anyone were to become their boss it'd be him! personally I like the though of multi colored "shoto-clones" Like Sean, Ryu,Ken, Akuma/Gouki, Ryo, Kim.. (basically anyone in a karate Gi) getting the "Beats thugs" treament even though I'm a big Ryu whore. I think it'd just be funnier to see.

Do you only plan to use characters from CVSchaos? or are you open to other characters not specifically from that game because there are very few females from it i could see using as playable, except maybe Shiki... Mai and Chun-li are so old i can only see them as being more fodder to go along side of the Gi-brothers. maybe some of the SF3 characters if they're availble?

ooh, a thought on story, maybe it could be some sort of netherworld encroachment by and evil force taking control of martial artists, hence all the Gis, kimonos, ninja outfits and other traditional asian fighter wear and evil versions they seem to be using.

http://www.snkplaymore.jp/official/svc/chara/chara_top.html

It could all happen at a halloween party...and the char you play as is fighting to win best costume. just joking. I wish I had a good idea to go along with your game. sorry. Sounds super bad ass. I dont neeeeed a story to have good fun always.

We can say Kyo, athena and ryu are training under this old guy until goenitz who uses tornadoes comes and kill their master and steal the secret treasure. Now the three are off to kick his butt while fighting off army's of iori's and violent kens... sounds to plain? gp32_console

Dan Fury posted on Apr 27 2004 at 11:03 PM said:
Kill Ryu

Ken sneaks away from his lover Ryu to marry Chun-Li, because Ryu plans to betray Capcom to become SNK's biggest Hero on the Atomiswave and of course because he always digged their artwork.
At their wedding ceremony the abandoned Lover comes back for a bloody revenge. Ken barely makes it and returns as Violent Ken.
He travels to Japan and trains at Gouki, Ryu's former master.
With his new skills he battle's Shiki a.k.a. O-ren Shiki and the clan of 88 Dan Hibiki clones.
Then he hunts down a black version of Mai in America, which is obviously populated by Terry Bogards, look at their demand for caps. :D
End of part 1
Dude! I told you to not eat those mushrooms! :D

Kiddin bro! You story is funny!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm only using Snk vs Capcom sprites. Is Charly avaliable in this game? (Sorry i try this game yesterday for first time... B) )
I like the idea of Alpha2 about multi colored "shoto-clones" but then... who will be the players characters?
I will use ALL SF chars of this game so M.Bison, Vega, Barlog will be in it. :)
Since Ken is my fav.char of all time, Violent Ken will be a secret player character when you beat the game once.

By the way, how can you unlock Athenea in SnkvsCapcom Chaos Plus???

I think you should have the story set up in such a way that you start out with Sagat and in the end he has to beat Evil Ryu to regain the title (the title has long since warped him mentally with the money and fame). Also have Shin Akuma in there somewhere. (like a secret boss if you have enough points, and could be like the "power" guiding evil ryu or something)

I'm only going on my experiences with Capcom vs SNK 2 Millenium on Gamecube so I don't know about the arcade too well.

My player characters would have to be Sagat (SF2 - kick boxer), and that girl from samurai showdown with the eagle??(SNK girl that has insane speed) She could have some love angle ?? Chunners would do a good job as well.

I admit Kim Kaphwan is awesome, but I already have him in my current bor.pak

Anyway these are just ideas, feel free to pick and choose :)

Great ideas but i need more! :D
And warning! I'm using characters from SNK vs Capcom Chaos (not Capcom vs Snk 1 or 2) so many chars that you sugest aren't in this game.
Check chars from SVCC:
HERE

Byes!

How about Violent Ken goes after Ken and Ryu's master (let's call thier master Hideki) in japan but Vega's master (Let's call him Acktar) who is visiting Hideki (for sum reason, can b worked out later) in japan gets caught in the crossfire and violent ken only wounds Hideki but kills Acktar so Vega bent on revenge treks from spain to japan to hunt down violent ken, the first place he visits is where his master was murderd Hideki's Dojo, but Violent Ken is long gone the only people who are there are Ken and Ryu reading a note signed by violent ken swearing his revenge and hate for the two and a hint towards a HQ somewhere in Spain and something about the allmighty Iori, so is this possible HQ in spain more of a clue than we think? Was Acktar's death merely a coincidence or is it all part of Violent Ken's scheme, and who is this mysterious Iori?......... only time will tell ;). Ken and Vega make a pact to hunt down and kill Violent Ken but Ryu refuses to go with them "I will not tarnish my honor by fighting alongside this lunatic" (pompus git) so he asks Chun-Li to fight alongside them "because your going to need the help" replies Ryu to Ken's question as to why Chun-Li must come. Chun-Li is also asked by Ryu to report back to him on the mission from time to time, she agrees. And so the game begins. Apologises for the long post it's probably a crap idea but meh i'm bored lol.

P.S. Vega is only in there cus he's my fave fighter in any game of all time (it's the claws dude) anyways just an idea grab wat u want (if anything) out of it if it's @ all helpful

In this instance a sprite is a frame of an animation that makes up a character but in this case it can also be thought of as the whole character. eg Ken is a sprite (even though he's made up of several sprites or frames) sprites can also be bullets, spaceships, explosions etc depending on the game your playing. Background graphics are generally made up of tiles or small graphic blocks designed to link together to create a larger whole. eg walls, fences, grass etc. Sometimes you'll have a sprite that moves as part of the background ie appears to stay still so you can pick it up destroy it or what ever.

A sprite is also an elf like creature kind of like that Golum wannabe in Harry Potter :D

Also Hideki?? Don't you mean Shen Long from Gamefan fame. (an ages old april fools joke about there being a secret character after beating M Bison in the first SF2 who was Ryu/Ken's master which inspired Capcom to create Akuma :))

lizard808uk posted on Apr 28 2004 at 12:48 PM said:
A sprite is also an elf like creature kind of like that Golum wannabe in Harry Potter :D

Also Hideki?? Don't you mean Shen Long from Gamefan fame. (an ages old april fools joke about there being a secret character after beating M Bison in the first SF2 who was Ryu/Ken's master which inspired Capcom to create Akuma :))
In fact, Shen Long don't exist.
When Ryu says (in SF2) "you must defeat Shen Long to take a chance (or whatever)" it really says "you must defeat my Dragon Punch/Shoryuken to take a chance"
It's all about a bad translation i think.

Byes!

Last edited by a moderator:
Geese and M.Bison partner up to create the ultimate crime syndicate. Geese puts up money for M.Bison to create clones of the world's greatest fighters. 3 heroes discover this evil plot and vow to stop them once and for all. I'd say use Kyo or Kim for the average character, Chun Li for the speedy character and I'm undecided on the heavy hitter. I'm actually leaning towards Sagat since it would be a change of pace and then storywise they made him more honorable. I've got a number of ideas for the henchmen.

yeh, I'm kinda hoping Sagat is playable too! :)

With the Shen Long thing, yeh I know it was a really bad translation thats why the US Gamefan magazine used it at the time for an april fools joke (and put up screenshots of it too). I guess its just one of those SF2 folklore things - it has a history as long as my arm. I mean how many versions of SF2 are there??

Since you pointed out that you just played the game for one day, I again point you in the direction of the demoralizing morphs in this game, please use them, their ace!
Demitris Sex Change Super:
31_1.png

The next two are winning animations, where they change you.
Athena's Animal Changer:
Bird = Kim, Cat = Kyo, Raccoon = Terry, Rattlesnake = Iori, Ostrich = Chun-Li, Orangutan = Ken
Boar = Ryu, Elephant = Dhalsim, Chimpanzee = Choi, ??? = Balrog, Chicken = Guile
Cow = Mai, Bear = Mr. Karate, Vulture? = Vega, Pig = Earthquake, Hyena = Ryo, Frog = Genjuro
Tiger? (Thai sculpture ver.?) = Sagat, Lion (sculpture ver.) = Gouki
White Snake = Shiki, Bison = Bison, Cobra = Tsuki no yoru Orochi no chi ni kurufu Iori (Bousou Iori), Ape (type?) = Geese, Gorilla = Hugo, Octopus = Mars People
Pigeon = Goenitz, Hippo = Dan
Mandrill = Sen'nou-sareta Ken, Fox = Rockman Zero, Curly-tailed dog (proper breed name?) = Kasumi, Frilled Lizard = Demitri
Penguin = Tabasa
monster1.jpg

Red Arramer's Monster Change:
Upper row = Kyo, Iori, Ken, Terry, Chun-Li, Guile, Earthquake, Kasumi
2nd row = Mai, Kim, Dhalsim, Geese, Choi, Demitri, Sen'nou-sareta Ken
3rd row = Balrog, Sagat, Vega, Ryu, Hugo
4th row = Bison, Gouki, Ryo, Mr. Karate, Tabasa
Bottom 5 = Tsuki no yoru Orochi no chi ni kurufu Iori (Bousou Iori), Rockman Zero, Shiki, Goenitz, Genjuro
Lower left = Mars People
monster2.jpg