Mame Gp2x 2.9 Known Problems

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New MAME GP2X 3.0 :D :lol: :) :rolleyes: ;) : http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

- RAM Tweaks implemented. See the readme.txt for the information to activate them (the emulator runs aproximately 8% faster). Thanks to god_at_hell for the CPU/LCD/RAM-Tweaker utility and also to Craigix for the suggestion.
- Added the ability to play in two players mode with only one USB Joypad (Player 1 = Builtin Joypad, Player 2 = USB Joypad #1). See the readme.txt for the information to activate this function. Thanks to GnoStiC.
- Some code fixes to get more stability.

IMPORTANT: If you downloaded the files before 20:00 GMT, download them again because an stupid bug has been corrected.

- Thanks to all paypal donators: EvilDragon (gp32x.de), Federico Mazza, Nandove, Videogame Stuff, Denis Evans, Ricardo Cabello, Elías Ballesteros, J.Antonio Serralvo Martín, bagmouse7, Suj, funkyferdy, Gieese, Vincent Cleaver, William Burnett, Bleeg, Martin Dolphin, Ilarri, Glen Stones, Dr.Konami, Augusto Carlos Pérez Arriaza, Charles Box, Borochi, Kayday, George Tavoulareas, Timofonic, Fabrice Canava, Redox, Javitotrader, remowilliams, Scott Contrera, Jinhyun Seo, Craig (www.gp2x.co.uk), Shane Monroe, Simon Beattie, Stefan Braunstein, DaveC, Colin Bradshaw, Dana Rodolico, Revod, Michael Evers, Riccardo Pizzi, Fosfy45, Dj Syto, Rob Pittman, Stefan Mueller, Musa, Unai, Sascha Reuter, Globalwide Technologies Limited, Juan Rivera-Novoa, Mark Carin, SBock, Julio Catalina Piedrahita, techFreak (www.gp2xtr.com), Darius Hardy, Charles Andre, Matt Brimelow, McOskar, Daniel PP Saurborn, Picayuco, Kojote (www.pdroms.com), Knoxximus, Tony Watterson, Matthew Forman, naples39, NEO (www.elotrolado.net), Patrick Mettes, Angel Molero Grueso, Lubidog, Smiths (www.emuholic.com), retromander, Ruben Villar, Snakefd99cb, Harkaitz, BZFrank, Sang Kim, phoda, Caesaris, Furanchu, Selcuk Cegit, K-Navis, Estaño, Jeff Hong, Jasmot, Igboo, Sergio Onorati, Julien Perret, Cheap Impostor, Gianluca Lazzari, Niche IP Solutions, Jason, Thomas Seban, Miq01, Paul Carter, Freddy Deniau, Mustafa Beciragic, Ian Rawlings, Domenico Calcagno, pongplaya, Aruseman, Anarchy (www.hardcore-gamer.net & www.gp32spain.com), Darkman, Chaos Engineer, Ian Buxton, Martin M Pedersen, Philip Trottman, Gary Ross, Fat Agnus, Austin Holdsworth, Paul Johns.

Thanks Francix

however on a few games Ive tested like Double Dragon , Xain Seena you can insert credits, but then cant start the game?

Thanks

suj posted on Oct 7 2006 at 05:11 PM said:
Thanks Francix

however on a few games Ive tested like Double Dragon , Xain Seena you can insert credits, but then cant start the game?

Thanks

It's true. Thanks for your report!.

Last edited by a moderator:
IMPORTANT: If you downloaded the files before 20:00 GMT, download them again because an stupid bug has been corrected.

Wonderful stuff! It keeps getting faster and as a result nicer to play!

The Capcom and Sega-16 games really play quite nicely. My old favourite Robocop also plays really well.

How much faster can MAME on the GP2X go? :eek:

slaanesh posted on Oct 7 2006 at 09:53 PM said:
Wonderful stuff! It keeps getting faster and as a result nicer to play!

The Capcom and Sega-16 games really play quite nicely. My old favourite Robocop also plays really well.

How much faster can MAME on the GP2X go? :eek:

I think it depends on how many people donate! :)

craigix posted on Oct 8 2006 at 09:31 AM said:
^^ PC Engine version of R-Type recommended (bloody excellent).

Yes! I agree! The PC Engine version came on two Hucards. I think. Part one and part two. Or it was called R-type and R-type complete. I have them both for my turbo express.

Mame 3.0 is awesome! :)

Great work,as always.

Would it be possible to add lower clock speeds on a future release? I play Bomb Jack a lot on the lowest clock setting with no frame skip and 100% sound and it seems to be a bit too fast now - it is certainly much faster than the Gameboy and ZX Spectrum versions. Was the arcade version really this fast?

WhizzBang posted on Oct 9 2006 at 07:58 PM said:
Great work,as always.

Would it be possible to add lower clock speeds on a future release? I play Bomb Jack a lot on the lowest clock setting with no frame skip and 100% sound and it seems to be a bit too fast now - it is certainly much faster than the Gameboy and ZX Spectrum versions. Was the arcade version really this fast?

Save the configuration for the game or the default configuration for all games (see the readme.txt)...
The speed should be the correct one. Is it too fast? I will compare with the official MAME, maybe i would have to adjust the timing... Regards.

Back