Mame Gp2x 3.3

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
New version of my MAME port for the GP2X. Download it here: http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

Added the modifications done by Slaanesh for MAME GP32 2.3: http://users.bigpond.net.au/mame/gp32/
- New playable games: The Empire Strikes Back, Canyon Bomber, Canyon Bomber (prototype), Marine Boy, Wanted and Tropical Angel.
- Complete fix to Exerion (and clones). Added background graphics video handling. Now works perfectly.
- Complete fix to Twin Cobra (and clones). Now it is completely playable.
- Optimizations and fixes in H6280 core (e.g. Sly Spy runs faster).
- Compatibility fixes in M6502 & M6809 cores.
- Improved sound in Gorf, Space Invaders, Donkey Kong Jr.
Thanks Slaanesh for all your hard work in MAME GP32!.
[cut]
- If no USB Joypads are detected, all four players are controlled with the GP2X built-in joypad.
- Some minor optimizations to M6809 core.
- New romsets: Canyon Bomber (canyon), Canyon Bomber (prototype) (canbprot), Marine Boy (marineb), Tropical Angel (troangel) and Wanted (wanted).
- Modified romsets: Twin Cobra (Romstar) (twincobu), Kyukyoku Tiger (ktiger) and Exerion (exerion).
- clrmame.dat updated with new romsets.
- Modified samples: Donkey Kong Jr (dkongjr) and Space Invaders (invaders). Get the update here: http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,5,1044

- Thanks to all paypal donators: EvilDragon (www.gp32x.de), Federico Mazza, Nandove, Videogame Stuff, Denis Evans, Ricardo Cabello, Elías Ballesteros, J.Antonio Serralvo Martín, bagmouse7, Suj, funkyferdy, Gieese, Vincent Cleaver, William Burnett, Bleeg, Martin Dolphin, Ilarri, Glen Stones, Dr.Konami, Augusto Carlos Pérez Arriaza, Charles Box, Borochi, Kayday, George Tavoulareas, Timofonic, Fabrice Canava, Redox, Javitotrader, remowilliams, Scott Contrera, Jinhyun Seo, Craigix (www.gp2x.co.uk), Shane Monroe, Simon Beattie, Stefan Braunstein, DaveC, Colin Bradshaw, Dana Rodolico, Revod, Michael Evers, Riccardo Pizzi, Fosfy45, Dj Syto, Rob Pittman, Stefan Mueller, Musa, Unai, Sascha Reuter, Globalwide Technologies Limited, Juan Rivera-Novoa, Mark Carin, SBock, Julio Catalina Piedrahita, techFreak (www.gp2xtr.com), Darius Hardy, Charles Andre, Matt Brimelow, McOskar, Daniel PP Saurborn, Picayuco, Kojote (www.pdroms.com), Knoxximus, Tony Watterson, Matthew Forman, naples39, NEO (www.elotrolado.net), Patrick Mettes, Angel Molero Grueso, Lubidog, Smiths (www.emuholic.com), retromander, Ruben Villar, Snakefd99cb, Harkaitz, BZFrank, Sang Kim, phoda, Caesaris, Furanchu, Selcuk Cegit, K-Navis, Estaño, Jeff Hong, Jasmot, Igboo, Sergio Onorati, Julien Perret, Cheap Impostor, Gianluca Lazzari, Niche IP Solutions, Jason, Thomas Seban, Miq01, Paul Carter, Freddy Deniau, Mustafa Beciragic, Ian Rawlings, Domenico Calcagno, pongplaya, Aruseman, Anarchy (www.hardcore-gamer.net & www.gp32spain.com), Darkman, Chaos Engineer, Ian Buxton, Martin M Pedersen, Philip Trottman, Gary Ross, Fat Agnus, Austin Holdsworth, Paul Johns, Gaterooze, Elizabeth Burrow, Godmil, rooster, Dark_Warlock.[/cut]

Great. But i wonder what games i should play? Most of the good games i know are Neogeo and iam using gngeo for them... May could somebody recommend some good non-neogeo games :)

Quality, I remember playing Sly Spy on holiday in Ibiza when I was 7.

Anyone got eswat running on it (eswatbl rom)?

Great. But i wonder what games i should play? Most of the good games i know are Neogeo and iam using gngeo for them... May could somebody recommend some good non-neogeo games :)

you are joking, there are a thousand games: try Strider, Street Fighter II, Ghouls'n Ghosts, Ghosts'n Goblins, Bionic Commando, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Paperboy, Klax, Phoenix, Tetris (Atari), ...

Last edited by a moderator:

you are joking, there are a thousand games: try Strider, Street Fighter II, Ghouls'n Ghosts, Ghosts'n Goblins, Bionic Commando, Shinobi, Golden Axe, Paperboy, Klax, Phoenix, Tetris (Atari), ...

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Gyruss, Rastan, Galaga, Pac Man, Double Dragon, Aero Fighters, Toki...

Find a site (google one) which shows screenshots of all the MAME games (and other platforms too), you then know which games you want to play. You can then hunt down sites that have them. There are many, many good games on the emulation scene to play, from the (literally) thousands of ROMS available across all platforms.

Does Capcoms Trojan work in this update? :)

Trojan works in the last several builds.You just need to play with the settings a bit.If I remember correctly you need to up the video clock% to 100,and maybe the audio to.I don't remember for sure but I have got it to run very well by adjusting some settings.If you can't get it to run,just let me know and I'll let you know what the exact settings are.

Good Luck,
Jumpman

Does Capcoms Trojan work in this update? :)

Trojan works in the last several builds.You just need to play with the settings a bit.If I remember correctly you need to up the video clock% to 100,and maybe the audio to.I don't remember for sure but I have got it to run very well by adjusting some settings.If you can't get it to run,just let me know and I'll let you know what the exact settings are.

Good Luck,
Jumpman

Thanks for the tip jumpman :lol:

hmmm, mabey i should finally give mame a try (ive actually never used it!) do any of the newer arcade ish games work on it? (like tekken or anything?)

Would it be possible to optimize the default settings for each game individually.

Of course, this would require a major effort, but I guess there are many people on this site who would help Franxis. Forum posts like, "for Trojan you have to set the video clock to 100%" would become history.

I love how fast these updates are coming :) Thanks Franxis.

I was just curious, does anyone know if Mame supports 3 or 4 players. I'm dreaming of getting some 4player arcade action going once the cased BOB comes out.

I was just curious, does anyone know if Mame supports 3 or 4 players. I'm dreaming of getting some 4player arcade action going once the cased BOB comes out.

As far as I know, a resounding YES!!

I too, can't wait for the B.O.B. ... oh, sweet portable mame :D

Though I understand that gngeo is great and its full speed, how well do neo geo games like metal slug 2 run on this, because if there any good than eventualy rather than having mame and gngeo, i could just have all my games in mame though my guess is they dont run very well. Also many games that are supposed to be supported do not run when I try to play them, this applies to newer games only... I guess theres something with renaming files or something that can be used to make the games work but i dont know where to find an easy guide for this. Could someone direct me to a guide

I have made a torrent pack with all romset updated until 3.3
If someone is interested can send me a private message and i will give him/her the torrent.
The pack weight 1.04 GB
My bandwith is very low but i have it open 24 hours.

I hope not to break any rule of the forum.

Cool thanks for the update.

I still get the sound bug though. When switching games the sound will go out after awhile. Then if you try to exit then it will show two garbled images of the MAME menu and lock up.

@ Slaanesh, Thanks for the DKjr sample fix. There is one little bug though. When you land and get the "thump" sound you will get 2-4 1 second long static sounds afterwards even if you stop moving.

I have made a torrent pack with all romset updated until 3.3
If someone is interested can send me a private message and i will give him/her the torrent.
The pack weight 1.04 GB
My bandwith is very low but i have it open 24 hours.

I hope not to break any rule of the forum.

I wouldn't post about it at all here. If people want it, it wont be hard for them to find it.

Can you add snapshot function in some of next releases of this great emulator, please?

Back