Mame Gp2x 5.1 Video Scaling Issue

risc

Still Fresh
Hi all,

Long time reader, first time poster. ;)

I've spent quite a while looking on Google but I can't find the information I require.

I've got MAME GP2X 5.1 installed on my GP2X F-200 and it works reasonably well _but_ I think I'm missing something in my config.

Sometimes when I play games (such as Galaga) the game will stretch over the screen and not fit completely on the screen, it's like the image is too large for the display. I can press L+R and the get it to fit perfectly if I hold the console vertically (3:4 video ratio), but I prefer the console/controls in the default 4:3 way (not 3:4).

Is there an option I can put in my config to get the image to scale down to 4:3 correctly?

Thanks heaps in advance.

Sure, press L+R again :)

There are four video modes in Mame2x: original (it hides some bands if the original resolution is greater than the Gp2x resolution), vertical, scaled horizontal and scaled vertical. Be aware that scaled modes may deform graphics. You can roll thought them using L+R. Mame4all has a couple of extra video modes.

Ah okay, I tried all of the modes and didn't find anything that scaled the games to fit properly at 4:3. They were just stretched out to fill the whole screen.

I'll download MAME4ALL tomorrow after work and give that a try.

Thanks for the quick reply.

edit: So much for waiting until I finish work tomorrow. MAME4ALL is exactly what I needed. Thank you very much for your help.

Out of interest, is there any significant reason to use MAME4ALL rather than MAME2X apart from the video scaling thing? I can't be bothered having both on my card and fiddling about with it but if it meant extra games then it might be worth it...! :)

InsertFaveGameNameHere said:
Out of interest, is there any significant reason to use MAME4ALL rather than MAME2X apart from the video scaling thing? I can't be bothered having both on my card and fiddling about with it but if it meant extra games then it might be worth it...! :)
MAME4ALL is based on a newer version of MAME so you get increased game support, there are most likely other benefits over using MAME2X as well but they escape me atm (video scaling excepted).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back