Mame Gp2x Problem, Please Help.

danielwooden

Still Fresh
When ever I try and load roms ( compatible ones ) I get

Unable to open ROM
Error reading ROMs
Unable to initialize machine emulation
LOAD FAILED: Press A button...

Whats going on? And what do I need to do to make it work?

Thanks.

You probably have the wrong romset. I think that mamegp2x currently supports the .34 romset. There are programs designed to convert newer roms to .34, such as romcenter.

Good luck,
-ben

Run clrmamepro and do a scan and see if it says that romset is complete. If it's incomplete then you'll need to find the missing files. Here's a hint: do a google search for MAME rollback torrent. You can use that to fill in missing roms after doing a rom check.

When ever I try and load roms ( compatible ones ) I get

Unable to open ROM
Error reading ROMs
Unable to initialize machine emulation
LOAD FAILED: Press A button...

Whats going on? And what do I need to do to make it work?

Thanks.

I'm having the same problem. I took two roms from my set that work fine on my PC. When I try to lunch either I get the same error as you. I'm trying Galaga and Pac-Man.

Last edited by a moderator:
They may work fine on a newer version of MAME but the gp2x version uses 0.34 roms, you need to revert back like it's been said.

They may work fine on a newer version of MAME but the gp2x version uses 0.34 roms, you need to revert back like it's been said.

I ran the 0.34 clrmame.dat file craete by MAD and got most of the games to work, but still getting problems with Galaga. Can someone please give me a quick overview / step through of how to apply the clrmame.dat file and to use clr mame pro correctly.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Back