Mame Gp32 1.6 Download !

Franxis

MAME 4 ALL
Website
franxis.zxq.net
http://www.talfi.net/gp32_franxis/

21-08-2005:

New MAME GP32 1.6:

- TheGrimReaper: Option to save/load High Scores on SMC.
- TheGrimReaper: Improvement in controls for Hypersports, Track & Field, Bank Panic, Centipede, Pinball Action, Speed Ball, Reactor.
- TheGrimReaper: Some improvements in the frontend.
- Franxis: More optimizations and improvements in sound core. Similar sound quality than MAME GP32 1.3 (it got worse in 1.4 and 1.5).
- Franxis: Decreased executables size due to CPU emulators selectivelly loaded in each of executables. Nice speed improvement :).
- Franxis: Video Core selection: New Gfx Core (v1.5) or Old Gfx Core (v1.3). Use Old core to solve problems with some games.
- Franxis: Internal change: Vector games are now in a different executable (mvector.fxe).
- Franxis: Removed some games available in frontend list my mistake but not really emulated (Paper Boy, Championship Sprint, etc).

For more details, see whatsnew.txt.

Download MAME GP32 1.6 (5.9 Mb)
Download MAME GP32 1.6 (source code) (1.8 Mb)

IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Please delete old configuration files, because the format has changed!. Emulator won't work ok if it is not done!.
- High Scores are saved in gp:\gpmm\mamegp32\hi\ folder.
- SMC cards have a maximum number of write operations, use High Scores support at your own risk!.
- Please recreate list of games in the frontend (START+SELECT).

Nice Sunday surprise. :) Thanks Franxis.

SMC cards have a maximum number of write operations, use High Scores support at your own risk!.

Something to keep in mind for sure. I personally don't require hiscores that much, but it's a very nice addition.

Franxis posted on Aug 21 2005 at 05:36 PM said:
- TheGrimReaper: Improvement in controls for Hypersports, Track & Field, Bank Panic, Centipede, Pinball Action, Speed Ball, Reactor.

Before DaveC mentions it, that should say that the screen has been centered better in vertical mode for Centipede, the controls were already working correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
man, i am so happy to see something as deserving as Mame getting so many needed updates.. big BIG kudos to the peoople who are working so hard to keep updating these ports. Yeah, i know I sound like a kissass, but this is honestly one of the projects I have ahd my hopes up for since I got my GP32 a couple of years ago, and it's honestly really delivering.. I am very happy with it! it's such a tremedous joy to be sitting on the can and wrestling with tempest, ms pacman or zaxxon.. the damned ARCADE version..!

i haven't checked this latest rev yet, but earlier this week I messed with berzerk, frenzy and blockout, all of them had unplayable control issues (you push up, but it moves left, etc) so there's some bug-reporting for ya. and i keep my fingers crossed for gaplus, and sega system 16 (not likely i know). But DAMN!! thanks so much youse guys.. awesome awesome awesome...

ralp99 posted on Aug 21 2005 at 11:24 PM said:
man, i am so happy to see something as deserving as Mame getting so many needed updates.. big BIG kudos to the peoople who are working so hard to keep updating these ports. Yeah, i know I sound like a kissass, but this is honestly one of the projects I have ahd my hopes up for since I got my GP32 a couple of years ago, and it's honestly really delivering.. I am very happy with it! it's such a tremedous joy to be sitting on the can and wrestling with tempest, ms pacman or zaxxon.. the damned ARCADE version..!

i haven't checked this latest rev yet, but earlier this week I messed with berzerk, frenzy and blockout, all of them had unplayable control issues (you push up, but it moves left, etc) so there's some bug-reporting for ya. and i keep my fingers crossed for gaplus, and sega system 16 (not likely i know). But DAMN!! thanks so much youse guys.. awesome awesome awesome...

Thankyou very much for you comments, they're very much appreciated. It's nice to hear that people are really enjoying and appreciating the efforts that are put in. I myself would like to say a big THANKYOU to the great Franxis, without him there would be no Mame for any of us. I know how much effort I've put in to this port (many many hours), so I can only imagine how much time Franxis put in before any of us even saw Mame (he started back in December 2004). It really is appreciated Franxis.

As for your control problems, just select "Old Gfx Core" from the options and everything should work correctly.

Fantastic release again chaps!

Mr. Do and Star Force are now perfect (incl. sound) at 160Mhz.

The new menu threw me for a moment!

Do you think there will ever be any chance of getting Ghosts and Goblins running with the sound at the proper speed? The game is playable, but I love the music so much that it would just be awesome to get it on the GP32...

Amazing work guys! You keep spitting out those updates faster than I can update my SMC :D I just recently updated to 1.5 and now I am looking forward to overwriting it with 1.6 ... Thanks!!

Great work guys, really appreciated.

I havent had much time with it but it does indeed seem much faster.

One game I did notice to be buggy was Konami GT with certain elements upside down, not sure if this was a mame problem at the time of 0.34.

This is great. Now only if someday the sound can be enabled on Zaxxon, Berzerk, Phoenix etc it would be close to perfection for the classics.

Thanks for all of the great work guys :)

DaveC posted on Aug 23 2005 at 05:37 AM said:
This is great. Now only if someday the sound can be enabled on Zaxxon, Berzerk, Phoenix etc it would be close to perfection for the classics.

Thanks for all of the great work guys :)

I'd like sample support for just one game in particular Phoenix, one of my all time favourites.

thegrimreaper posted on Aug 23 2005 at 09:04 AM said:
Hey, I've just noticed my new Guru icon, thank you very much.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You're welcome :)
You did a lot of things, not only coding, but also friendly helping everyone here :)
I suggested it to hando and he agreed :) You really deserve this :)

Last edited:
thegrimreaper posted on Aug 23 2005 at 07:04 AM said:
Hey, I've just noticed my new Guru icon, thank you very much.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

You are now *officially* l337

Good work :)

Back