Mame Issues On Caanoo

eyeballpauluk

Still Fresh
Hey everyone.

I just purchased a Caanoo.

I tried some megadrive games on it with the picodrive, and they all work flawless, however I am having issues with mame.

Previously (a while ago), I had version 0.117 of the mame roms, which I then updated to version 0.143. I thought it was as simple as putting mame4all on my Caanoo and using these roms. I was wrong. I have read that the roms need to be compatible with mame4all. So I did some searching, and found clrmamepro and read that I could use this (along with the "clrmame.dat" in the mame4all download) to rebuild the roms to what mame4all is expecting, so I tried this, but most roms I try to play don't work. Even the ones on the compatibility list I seen here (http://dl.openhandhelds.org/caanoo//uploads/Home/Caanoo%20-%20Emulators/Other%20Emulators/gamelist.txt).

I then did a search for a rom set "037b16" which is compat with Wiz. But even with this, I tried to load up games like rtype, metal slug, snow bros, king of fighters, and got some errors, like things were missing, or ram was out, or whatever.

What am I missing here?

You should have correct roms (can not post links here). You have a PM! :D

eyeballpauluk said:
Hey everyone.

I just purchased a Caanoo.

I tried some megadrive games on it with the picodrive, and they all work flawless, however I am having issues with mame.

Previously (a while ago), I had version 0.117 of the mame roms, which I then updated to version 0.143. I thought it was as simple as putting mame4all on my Caanoo and using these roms. I was wrong. I have read that the roms need to be compatible with mame4all. So I did some searching, and found clrmamepro and read that I could use this (along with the "clrmame.dat" in the mame4all download) to rebuild the roms to what mame4all is expecting, so I tried this, but most roms I try to play don't work. Even the ones on the compatibility list I seen here (http://dl.openhandhelds.org/caanoo//uploads/Home/Caanoo%20-%20Emulators/Other%20Emulators/gamelist.txt).

I then did a search for a rom set "037b16" which is compat with Wiz. But even with this, I tried to load up games like rtype, metal slug, snow bros, king of fighters, and got some errors, like things were missing, or ram was out, or whatever.

What am I missing here?
I can help you on this easily you will most roms working,first of all most sites use latest romsets and they won't work on this emulator,so you need to go on site which have 037b16 which is 100% correct and if you need help on this,i can you give more info through pm,if that ok with you.
Please reply asap.

edit: you can play mame using g-sensor and tried super hang on, it's awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back