Mame Roms Probs

offbow

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
i have gust got my gp2x and i need help so i install mame i put mslug1 and 2 in the rom folder but wen i try to play tham on mame it says "unable to open rom" "error reading roms" "unabla to initialize machine emulation"
load failed : press A button... y i have 2.3 but yyy dow i gust have a bad copy or wot

i have gust got my gp2x and i need help so i install mame i put mslug1 and 2 in the rom folder but wen i try to play tham on mame it says "unable to open rom" "error reading roms" "unabla to initialize machine emulation"
load failed : press A button... y i have 2.3 but yyy dow i gust have a bad copy or wot

WOT????

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you use a bad dump of those roms or an incompatible version. Mamegp2X is based on 0.34>0.35 version of Mame for Pc.
Use the "clrmame.dat" file provided with the emu along with Clrmamepro (google it).
Btw, those two roms are neo-geo. try gngeo for running them (it still have to be a good version of the roms).

It's kinda a faux pas to ask where to get roms on this forum, and I'm sure nobody is going to tell you I'm afraid.

The rules about posting are to to set a standard of quality for the forum. Swopping roms / requests would attract attention from warez kiddies and copywrite authorities.

Anyway, I think most people know how to find roms on the internet so requests would make a ton of redundant threads.

The trick is to use google, although you might also need to type in full sentences "wer r da romz" might not produce many results ;)

I assume this means "why?" . . .
This is because most commercial roms are illegal
This website doesn't want to be brought down by legality issues even if most of its users are using roms.

Here's my advice in a simple step-by-step format:
1. Download gngeo2x and rage2x from http://archive.gp2x.de (search for them, they shouldn't be hard to find)
2. Go to www.google.com
3. Search for something like "Metal Slug Neogeo Rom"
4. Look through the results page for some good downloads
5. Get the NeoGeo BIOS which you can also "acquire" online . . .
6. Send me a PM if you need a more "direct" link :p
7. Follow the instructions for gngeo2x and rage2x

Hopefully this helps

But, honestly, you really need to read the stickies and stuff before posting on this forum, and PLEASE work on your spelling. There are other users on this board who have spelling disabilities and they were told to fix up their spelling and they seem to have improved it greatly.

Whatever you do, please don't use l337 txt speech, because it just looks stupid and makes you look stupid

Good luck,
-ben

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, DeadlyChicken, for putting it so eloquently. I'm not being sarcastic.

The gist is, act polite, talk like a human being on the street, and you'll get politeness back -- unless [insert name of your favorite forum member here] sees what he deems a stupid question, and feels as though he's answered it a billion times, yet instead of not answering feels compelled to press "Reply" and answer in all caps. It can happen.

Don't request ROMs. We don't want to know your dirty secrets - we have all probably masterbated and looked for ROMs, but we don't want to know about it. ;)

Edit: I had a further joke on the M word, but I realized I was posting here, not in GGB, so I added the bit about forum bombers to create a different joke.

Take a look in the LOL-Files. Some members of the forum mobbed Offbow. He told that he has problems with spelling. Maybe he is a dyslexic, illiterate or something. nobody has the right to do something like that. it is a shame. nearly the whole forum consists of nonnative speakern. it is absolutly absurd that people which don´t speak perfect english take part in such mobbing, a really bad "all against one" situation bacause one question.
i don´t know how many interested people say "bye" like Offbow, because the arrogance of some members.

@deadlychicken22: i think you have found the right words ;)

Back