Mame

kulak4

Still Fresh
Hello.
It is my first topic on this forum, so be understanding. Is there any chance to play Punisher, AVP, Final Fight etc. on MAME emulator? Is someone trying to do an emu, which can emulate this games? And did somebody do a cps-1 and cps-2 emu? I have got other, a little bit off-topic question:are all games working on Sega Genesis emulator(all roms of this console)?
Thanks for your answers.
Bye.

At this stage the GP32 Mame does not emulate the newer games like Final Fight & Street Fighter series and I doubt it ever will, Sorry...

Not all MD games run on DRMD but I would say the vast majority do, there is a compatibility list that one of the forum members has done if you search the forum you will find it...

Steve

The Mame port we have on the GP by Franix does not support thoughs games you mention, And considering the amount of power the GP has (166mhz), I doubt very much if they will ever be supported.

As for DrMD (megadrive emulator), Compatibility is around 60-75% (my figures), The last i heard was that Reesy was working on improving the compatibility and squashing as many cyclone bug he could find.

Trooper

The Mame port we have on the GP by Franix does not support thoughs games you mention, And considering the amount of power the GP has (166mhz), I doubt very much if they will ever be supported.

Wouldn't Franxis's work combined with Reesy's optimised DrZ80 and Cyclone 68000 cores make this a possibility?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wouldn't Franxis's work combined with Reesy's optimised DrZ80 and Cyclone 68000 cores make this a possibility?

I think i remember Franxis (correct spelling :rolleyes:) saying that he has been trying to contact Reesy regarding his (Reesy`s) z80 and fdaves bug fixed cyclone cores, But said he never received a reply from Reesy.

Trooper

Hi, it's me again.
Please, tell me if Sega Genesis emulator will emulate D&D, The Punisher, all parts of Golden Axe, Soldiers of fortune, Syndicate, Shadow Run and Demolition Man roms...Sorry for asking again, but I need to know, if it is worth to buy GP32, because I want mainly play oldschool games on emulator(I do not plan to buy games). So, is there hope that someone will create the cps1, cps2 or new MAME emulator, which will work properly?
Bye.

Hi, it's me again.
Please, tell me if Sega Genesis emulator will emulate D&D, The Punisher, all parts of Golden Axe, Soldiers of fortune, Syndicate, Shadow Run and Demolition Man roms...Sorry for asking again, but I need to know, if it is worth to buy GP32, because I want mainly play oldschool games on emulator(I do not plan to buy games). So, is there hope that someone will create the cps1, cps2 or new MAME emulator, which will work properly?
Bye.
you could try to make them yourself
most of us would be glad

You won`t regret the purchase of a gp32 if you want oldschool retro gaming like Genesis, Gamegear, Gameboy, NES, etc.

I'll admit I was dissapointed when I first got my GP32 because it didn't support many games I assumed it would.

But to be honest, when you begin discovering games that it can support that you wouldn't have considered otherwise, you will have a great time!

For the Genesis games,
look into the compatibility list! maybe it has been tested:
http://www.berzerk.co.uk/gp32/index.php
Look into the Dr.MD list !!
Dr.MDv2 is the best Genesis emulator for the gp32.

But i know:
All Golden Axe game are working without problems, fullspeed etc.
Shadow Run also has no known problems.
D&D ... i think i tryed one and it worked.
:rolleyes:

If you want old skool games then the gp32_console is definetely for you. The GP32 is the best console I've ever owned. Getting one of these beauties allows you to play so many of the 8-bit/16-bit consoles and computers. You won't regret it.

:)

Isn't Rlyeh's port of Mame (fMame) going to use these cores anyway? If so, this should help speed things up a little.

:)

Clarify: I contacted Reesy to integrate his cpu cores in my MAME port. Reesy offers to integrate the cpu cores in my port, and i sent him the MAME GP32 1.1 source code a long ago. But after this I have no news from him. I sent some e-mails, and i received only a short message like: "Franxis, i have not started to do something for mame yet". I don't know if Reesy will do something someday. Fingers crossing B) . EvilDragon saild in a forum post that Reesy is very occupied with his new job now.

I don't know about Rlyeh's fMAME...

Regards.

Yuppikaey, the best games works!
Thanks very much!
According to your opinions, I will buy GP32. I have to chose between it or sega nomad, but if GP32 emulate games which I want, the choice is clear. About GP32 again, the best version is GP32 BACK LIT, isn't? This version has 166 mhz guaranteed, right? What should be in full boxed set? Definitely cable to connect GP32 with computer, memory stick 128 MB and something else, or is it all? And MAME. If one problem to emulate the games from 90' is it number of mhz(on PC, to emu this games, MAME requires 1 Ghz for normal work), there are really small chances to do it. But I don't loose hope :) Perhaps maybe Pocket PC or palmtop can handle this, what do you think?
When I buy this console, I will be a frequent guest on this forum :)
See ya!

Yuppikaey, the best games works!
Thanks very much!
According to your opinions, I will buy GP32. I have to chose between it or sega nomad, but if GP32 emulate games which I want, the choice is clear. About GP32 again, the best version is GP32 BACK LIT, isn't? This version has 166 mhz guaranteed, right? What should be in full boxed set? Definitely cable to connect GP32 with computer, memory stick 128 MB and something else, or is it all? And MAME. If one problem to emulate the games from 90' is it number of mhz(on PC, to emu this games, MAME requires 1 Ghz for normal work), there are really small chances to do it. But I don't loose hope :) Perhaps maybe Pocket PC or palmtop can handle this, what do you think?
When I buy this console, I will be a frequent guest on this forum :)
See ya!

holy crap dude, if your deciding between a GP32 and a Nomad, the choice should be painstakingly easy.

Yeah, of course, but I'm a little sentimental person, you now playing on emulator isn't the same and I wasn't sure if GP32 emulate all games that I want. But now...

DrMD is the killer app for the GP32, if you buy it for Genesis games, you will most definately not regret it. I bought mine mainly for Genesis games, and was quite pleased with the emulation quality, but along the way I've discovered theres much much more to the GP32, homebrew is a big plus. :)

A little offtopic:
When I was reading old posts, I read that new version of GP32, BLU + has a problem with SNES emu, it can't run(any version). Is it fixed now or can I download emu, which will work?

Back