Mame4All 2.5

sbock

Chaos is our mode and modus
Franxis released a new MAME4all version for the Wiz.

wiz1.jpg

Changes:

-Added volume control to the frontend. Also the default volume is lowered down.
-Fixed memory bug with games containing multiple FM sound systems. This stops some games crashing on exit.
-New option to enable DRZ80 only for the sound CPUs. Improves the compatibility of DRZ80.
It is automatically enabled to gain speed in several games (e.g. several Capcom, Sega and Midway games).
-Several other fixes taken from Slaanesh code (GP32 and Dingoo ports).
-Added new skins from GP32 and Dingoo ports (by Antiriad and Slaanesh).
-Added script to use 64 MB of additional virtual memory (swap file on the SD card).
It will reduce the life of the SD card. Use at your own risk!.
-Added support for hardware timer. Not enabled yet (it seems to slow down the emulator a bit).
-Source code clean-up to avoid port definitions in the common part. Also improved makefiles are created.
-Preliminary integration of the ARMNEC core (created by Oopsware). Some games start to run but nothing playable yet.
Disabled for now.

Download: Archive.
Source: Archive.
Homepage:here.

Attachments

• wiz1.jpg
    wiz1.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 196
Whats going on!!!!!!!!!!

since your post nobody has replied surely people have not forgotten the wiz already. :(

Thanks for bringing this to MY attention. <_<

thanks for your work, will test it soon.

the gamelist hasn't changed, right?

ARMNEC core (created by Oopsware) is an NEC V20/V30/V33 CPU in ARM ASM?

Franxis said:
It is also available for the GP2X... Regards :rolleyes:

Thats great i will try the gp2x version shortly. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice release!

ARMNEC core sounds very interesting. Is this for the NEC V20/V30 emulation? Perhaps one day we may see a good speed Raiden!

I also think that it is worthwhile profiling the code. I did a very thorough profile for the GP2X MAME and many games ran noticeably faster - especially for games that do not have an assembler core - like M6809 and V30 for instance.

slaanesh said:
Nice release!

ARMNEC core sounds very interesting. Is this for the NEC V20/V30 emulation? Perhaps one day we may see a good speed Raiden!

Yes, look here:

http://sites.google.com/site/oopsware/fbalpha/armnec

Thanks Franxis.

I was starting to think you were abducted by aliens or something as you haven't been around.

Thanks for the nice update.

Slaanesh, PepperII still doesn't work right (super slow ) I thought you said you fixed that awhile back?

The high score display is glitched in some games, I think you need to delete your old scores, they don't seem compatible.

Awesome news! I don't understand the technical jargon but I imagine a nec V20 Armnec core 450 via uplink chip VW APX3 JPP 520 emulation 210 is a good thing so huzzah! 230 NKJ445

DaveC said:
Slaanesh, PepperII still doesn't work right (super slow ) I thought you said you fixed that awhile back?
I certainly have a fix for it. All those Exidy games play very well even on the GP32.
I just don't think it made it into the changes for GP2X/Wix. I'll make sure it's in there for next time around.

Many thanks Franxis for the GP2X version

slaanesh said:
Nice release!

I also think that it is worthwhile profiling the code. I did a very thorough profile for the GP2X MAME and many games ran noticeably faster - especially for games that do not have an assembler core - like M6809 and V30 for instance.

Slaanesh, are you going to add these speed increases for the GP2X in the next update? Thanks for the continued GP2X support

slaanesh said:

I didn't get the profile files to be created :( . I tried with different Linux toolchains for the WIZ without success. I'll try again later.

Do I still have the firmware 1.1.0,do I have to adjourn for the last version of the mame?

Thank you for this nice release Franxis! I have a question about the DrZ80 sound compatibility that was added. Aero Fighters has never worked with sound and DrZ80, it plays fine with the other settings. Will this issue ever be worked out for that game and the DrZ80 sound core? Also is there a reason that the Irem games like R-Type II will not play sound using the DrZ80 core? I am just curious. Thanks again for the new version of mame.

Back