Mamegp2x System-16

geise69

I have noticed that a few system-16 games in MAMEGP2X freeze. Altered Beast and Golden Axe are the main ones. Altered Beast feezes right when your character comes onto the screen. In Golden Axe it's right after you select a character. The romsets load with no errors. I also tried them in all the mame versions but got the same results. Is anyone else having this trouble? Also, one other game I wanted to ask but is a sytem-8 game, is AlexKid. The colors are way off. Is this also happening with everyone?

I also had Golden Axe freezing in that exact same place.

It was driving me nuts: I downloaded that cmpro thingy to try and convert the roms to an older format and all that and still no joy.

In the end, I downloaded as many different Rom sets of Golden Axe as I could, then ran cmpro again and finally got myself a working version(on the 3rd or 4th attempt sheeesh!) I can't exactly give you a step by step expanation because I basically stumbled across a working version somehow. Hope this helps...

Lobo posted on May 9 2006 at 05:42 PM said:
I also had Golden Axe freezing in that exact same place.

It was driving me nuts: I downloaded that cmpro thingy to try and convert the roms to an older format and all that and still no joy.

In the end, I downloaded as many different Rom sets of Golden Axe as I could, then ran cmpro again and finally got myself a working version(on the 3rd or 4th attempt sheeesh!) I can't exactly give you a step by step expanation because I basically stumbled across a working version somehow. Hope this helps...

Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll just have to keep trying till I find the correct romsets.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes those games freezing. I don't think they were freezing before. Strange !
But you could play it thru the mame_gp2x_compatible.gpe.
It's working with this one !

I have Golden Axe freezing sometimes, which is confusing, after reading above. Perhaps not necessarily a solely ROM issue?

Back