manage task with alarm

delicator

Still Fresh
I try to figure out replace all my phone capability with pandora

So, i use every day, my phone task manager, and, before my task time, an alarm start, so i don't forget things.

Can i do the same with pandora ?

Can i'v task, pandora closed (not turn off), and, have an alarm if the times is come to do one task ?

yes you can, well sorta. not as well as your phone probably (yet)

"Alarm Clock" from http://pandorawiki.org/Software_projects will let you set alarms with message (and with or without sound), to any dates you want, it can even run another application when the time is reached, so it could in theory do anything.

There might be better alternatives already ported, else well, im sure there is a ton of that kind of application are open source and could easily be ported to the pandora.

cron and crontab commands - check wiki

if it's not installed, run 'sudo opkg install cron' from terminal

that's how it works:

* * * * * * command to be executed

- - - - - -

| | | | | |

| | | | | +- Year (optional)

| | | | +----- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0)

| | | +---------- month (1 - 12)

| | +--------------- day of month (1 - 31)

| +-------------------- hour (0 - 23)

+------------------------- min (0 - 59)

if you want pandora to randomly play your mp3 folder at 7am from monday to friday:

0 7 * * 1-5 /usr/bin/mplayer -shuffle /media/sdcard/mp3/*

you can also set it to halt at 7:30

30 7 * * 1-5 /usr/bin/killall mplayer

Thanks, i know cron, but, is most something like calendar, I think about sunbird to manage task, appointment etc.. But, if I can have sound alarm, it's great.

I need this alarm even it's pandora is closed in the case (close but not shuttdown ?)

Last edited by a moderator:
yes you can, well sorta. not as well as your phone probably (yet)

"Alarm Clock" from http://pandorawiki.org/Software_projects will let you set alarms with message (and with or without sound), to any dates you want, it can even run another application when the time is reached, so it could in theory do anything.

There might be better alternatives already ported, else well, im sure there is a ton of that kind of application are open source and could easily be ported to the pandora.

Yes, perhaps i can run shell with sunbird for exemple when time as come to do the task, and use alarm clock, or use shell when I enter task into programm.

thanks

cron and crontab commands - check wiki

if it's not installed, run 'sudo opkg install cron' from terminal

that's how it works:

* * * * * * command to be executed

- - - - - -

| | | | | |

| | | | | +- Year (optional)

| | | | +----- day of week (0 - 6) (Sunday=0)

| | | +---------- month (1 - 12)

| | +--------------- day of month (1 - 31)

| +-------------------- hour (0 - 23)

+------------------------- min (0 - 59)

if you want pandora to randomly play your mp3 folder at 7am from monday to friday:

0 7 * * 1-5 /usr/bin/mplayer -shuffle /media/sdcard/mp3/*

you can also set it to halt at 7:30

30 7 * * 1-5 /usr/bin/killall mplayer

Thanks, i know cron, but, is most something like calendar, I think about sunbird to manage task, appointment etc.. But, if I can have sound alarm, it's great.

I need this alarm even it's pandora is closed in the case (close but not shuttdown ?)
at works, too.

Back