Mario Kart Ds

Mark

Boris Johnson: Cuddly Conservative
Website
www.gp-magazine.org.uk
Okay, I'm officially excited about this now. Take a look at these:

New Videos

Interview

It looks great in motion, and it's good to see stuff like more players (and bots) in battle mode, along with customisable karts. It looks to cater more for the online players; it allows you to chose how many balloons etc. you want in Battle Mode, and there's another battle mode (which I believe to be different from the 'Shine Thief' mode in Double Dash!!

Then you've got the new Mission Mode, which is reminiscent of Diddy Kong Racing and should be a great addition.

Who's getting this ASAP then, and who dares to play me? ;)

Ill get it asap and ill try and get the wifi router asap. so ill probably take u up on that challenge. but the box art isnt good. hope they change it before its released

edit: any news on whether they've put new characters or new weapons in? in an interview a while back they said that they had ideas for this but that we'd have to wait and see.

i'll probably get it as soon as it hit the shelves or at least a day or two after. I already have the router, so i'll be able to go online straight out of the box. can't wait, finally some good stuff for the DS.

Ganepark32 posted on Oct 14 2005 at 05:49 PM said:
Ill get it asap and ill try and get the wifi router asap. so ill probably take u up on that challenge. but the box art isnt good. hope they change it before its released

edit: any news on whether they've put new characters or new weapons in? in an interview a while back they said that they had ideas for this but that we'd have to wait and see.

New weapons yeah (like a squid that sprays the screen with ink, meaning you have to use the bottom one to see where you're going), but I can't see any new characters.

I believe it doesn't come out in the UK until 2 weeks after the US version, so I'll be importing it (and a copy for my brother/girlfriend) with Fed-Ex delivery. It could end up at £40 per copy including taxes etc., but for £10 I think it's worth it. Plus, all versions are compatible with each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is probably my most awaited game of the year (maybe Animal crossing too!).

So yes, I look forward to playing you!!!!

Ganepark32 posted on Oct 20 2005 at 04:07 PM said:
Well people a list of ALL tracks playable in Mario Kart DS has finally been released.
http://www.ds-x2.com/index.php?id=4333
And i think that several others will probably join me in saying....Hell Yeh!! Baby Park from double dash has been included. 'Tis gonna kick so much ass.

Ah thank God for that. When the game first came out, I practised on that course until I was getting 8 second laps. Powerslide, powerslide, powerslide, turn, powerslide, powerslide, powerslide, turn...

Best course ever.

Sounds like they've added just about every thing they could to make this an ultimate version... wait, it dosent have Double Dash stuff right? because that seems like an interesting omition if so.

Nothing to add. Just wanted to join in the excitement!

BTW even though I am so looking forward to this game, I am rubbish at Mario Kart. So I'll exist to make you all feel better!

I love the game, though!

joshadams posted on Oct 21 2005 at 02:02 AM said:
I have the MARIO KART DS demo and its totally awesom (8 tracks). Bring on NOV 7th. YES we aussie's get it first.

You have a demo?!

Australia gets it first?!

I was going to get my copies posted by courier from the US, but I'll go to an Australian importer if that's the case. I still can't believe Battle Mode isn't online; it's the best part of Mario Kart IMO.

EDIT: When I said brother/girlfriend in a previous post, I wasn't suggesting that they were the same person. Thought I'd clear that up.

Plus, it does have Double Dash courses in it. And Nintendo are selling that WiFi dongle for only £15, so you could get that instead of a router. Only selling it online though.

EDIT 2: This game is damn huge. You've got at least 32 courses (With a rumoured 'Rainbow Cup' with all four prevouis Rainbow Roads in) which will need to be completed in 50cc, 100cc and 150cc. Then you've got mirror mode, effectively giving you another 32 tracks.

Then each character has at least 7 different karts to unlock, and a rumoured 8 secret characters. Then there's the mission mode, and that's before we even touch on the mutliplayer...

I need to make sure I complete every game I have on my DS before this arrives, because this isn't leaving it for a long time.

Damn I have too many games to finish as it is and this is going to suck my life away. :p
It will be great to finally have some competition although playing against casual gamers has probably lured me into a false sense of security and I'll probably get creamed once this game comes out.
Should be fun. :lol:

Back