Marketing Slogans

Monk

Caveman Ninja
So, anyway, the "How can we help?" thread remindedm me of an old British Rail slogan - "We're Getting There". I wonder - what marketing slogan from the past would suit OpenPandora well? And what company used it?

How about... "Its for Yoo-hoo!" (British Telecom) or "Don't you just love being in control?" (British Gas) or even "Altogether More Fun" (Butlins).

There might be a slight regional slant to my suggestions - what are yours?

There seem to be so many good slogans "out there". How about...

Small wonder (Volkswagen)

Play More (xbox, might be a bit risky!)

Think small (Volkswagen)

The Internet at Work (UUNET, apparently)

Drivers wanted (Volkswagen AGAIN!)

or even
We only serve Chinese. No English (umm,Siam Sam's, apparently)

or perhaps...
Giving Hope Today (Sally Army)

Monk said:
Drivers wanted (Volkswagon AGAIN!)
I dont get how this relates to the pandora... maybe "Users wanted" or "Players wanted", but drivers?...

Last edited by a moderator:
urjaman said:
Monk said:
Drivers wanted (Volkswagon AGAIN!)
I dont get how this relates to the pandora... maybe "Users wanted" or "Players wanted", but drivers?...

Ah, sorry - at various stages of development the software has been in a "good but early stage, we only need a few drivers..." kind of state. When Pandora was originally slated to ship, for example, we didn't have a video driver that actually took advantage of the 3D power on silicon. Not too long ago the Wifi driver and GUI was finally finished... then even more recently they changed to a new Wifi driver which didn't cause the problems that I hadn't realised the previous driver had (I don't recall problems being mentioned). So it's a slightly tongue-in-cheek slogan for those who've been following for a while :(

Uhhh.. don't you want to invent an original slogan rather than copy existing slogans?

I'd much rather have something like "Open Pandora's box and see for yourself" than a "drivers wanted"

Monk said:
...(Volkswagoen)
Ahh..that's better :)

Asmo said:
Vorsprung Durch Panic
grin_ani.gif

quartercast said:
Uhhh.. don't you want to invent an original slogan rather than copy existing slogans?

Not especailly. Think of it as a game, with a bit of nostalgia thrown in. a twist on an old phrase is even better, potentially, than the old phrase unaltered but an entirely new phrase? OpenPandora can come up with those, I'm sure.

mali said:
Monk said:
...(Volkswagoen)
Ahh..that's better :)

Doh! The perils of copy-and-paste :(

Back