Mass Effect: Andromeda

sooo the face motion capture was constantly broken and the actor for the walk animation couldn't get to the toilet fast enough so he just continued recording the walk animation? :D
and no one has ever heard of ik targeting...

seriously, it's incredible how bad that game looks :/

Remember this meme from some years ago?

e94e90011c74221ea8fd6a0ba83814ad.jpg

[doublepost=1489790209,1489781017][/doublepost]
bioware.jpg

j6Z766W.jpg

This also explains the few men inside those vids (didn't even see a single white one) and why every character looks like a hipster.
Ironically, guys like this are doing a good job against diversity of any kind by making it seem like straight white men do make better games and better characters. xD

Get your priorities straight and better focus on quality than politics, Bioware...

there's a white (or at least pale) dude in the background in the first video you posted at 0:44. it's hard to tell because, holy shit, that blur. the (female) pseudo corpse at 3:41 looks white too. maybe all the white guys are too ~cool~ to hang out with aliens, women, and people of color xD

Oh, that female must be some new playable race? The facial animations do look alien sure enough!
Ah, I see - they're bridging IPs. She must be the daughter of Harley Quinn and the Joker.
Other possible explanations include dangerously low oxygen levels due to a glitch in the environmental system.
And my best guess is that she's been injured, is in constant pain and her smart suit keeps administering high doses of amphetamine.

The flight sequences you get to 'enjoy' while moving from one thing to the next in a solar system are superbly annoying, unskippable tests of patience and playtime padding. No respect for the players' time.

There is a ton of walking, and I presume later, driving around for insignificant bollocks. Collec-a-thon for minerals and other crap. Grats on including what made Inquisition a bloody chore. No respect for the players' time.

Funny how every guard on the ship you start out on defaults to some kind of combat stance once you round the corner and surprise them. Also no trigger discipline.

Faces do look bland and lifeless. The male character's so-called beard is horrible to look at. So far there is nobody likable or interesting. I miss Joker :(

Like the free preview for Battlefield 1, EA are at the time looking to get people to sign up for their access scheme with a 7-day free trial and 10 hours preview for Andromeda. Reminds me, gotta unsub tomorrow...

Using Frostbite engine was a mistake. Again.

I find this mess highly enjoyable. So this is where Windows AAA gaming is now.
Meanwhile in the DRM-free multiplatform indie camp:
https://www.gog.com/game/kona_day_one
https://www.gog.com/game/torment_tides_of_numenera

Even if if the studio is quite new, I wouldn't call Inxile an indie studio.

The team is made with a part of former people from Interplay and Black Isle who are people with great experience and great skills (maybe even more than Bioware), and the money they spend for game isn't low.

To me it's as if you were saying Bioware is an indie studio.

Last edited:
Even if if the studio is quite new, I wouldn't call Inxile an indie studio.

The team is made with a part of former people from Interplay and Black Isle who are people with great experience and great skills (maybe even more than Bioware), and the money they spend for game isn't low.

To me it's as if you were saying Bioware is an indie studio.
You are simply wrong.

Indie = Independent

Bioware Corp
Parent company Electronic Arts (2007–present)

inXile Entertainment
Parent company: None

You are simply wrong.

Indie = Independent

Bioware Corp
Parent company Electronic Arts (2007–present)

inXile Entertainment
Parent company: None
Oh I see, then you right. The only thing I will say is, they depends of kick-start company to gather money

that is one buggy cutscene o_O i wonder if someone "fixed" a small bug in their animation system and destroyed everything else (happened to me once, but our kickass qa unit caught it of course)... or someone renamed some of the animations and the system can't find them so it defaults to the t pose :/

Jimquisition: Mess Effect
www.youtube.com/watch?v=b98XmQOpmtI
Is this a stream of consciousness or a review?
[doublepost=1490285739,1490262214][/doublepost]
Yep, the awkwardness is actually deliberate, motivated by sociopolitical bs and in part caused by glitches due to facial changes with the day-1 patch.

Jayde Rossi, face model for female main character:
C1f7E00VEAAqC48.jpg

ryder.jpg

Sara+ryder+when+she+doesnt+have+down+syndrome+she+actually_9e39be_6210499.jpg

Comparison of the male main character and his model Stephen Brewis:
tumblr_oitgadHAYh1ubh1kvo1_500.png

Although there's also this:
vABoWzq.jpg

Last edited:
dafuq. i looked up photos of jayde rossi (where her hair doesn't hide parts of her face) and she does NOT look like a twelve year old on speed. strange that they changed the appearance of a player character with a patch. maybe a last-minute management requirement? these dudes usually give nonsense feedback one day before release, and no one has the authority to veto against that crap so it just happens :( i doubt the "it's because she's a woman!!!" crowd on this one since the earlier model looks pretty decent. if they wanted an "ugly" female char, they would've screwed up the model from the beginning and never patched it.
terminator = animation from a different character played on the dude? or maybe the animator sneezed really hard.

despite all small flaws.
I am enjoying the game. Combat is really solid and fun!

But true, guards crouching in stations look rather amusing.

Maybe i am just tolerant, game need to be much more broken in order to be unplayable. Heck people are prausinf fallout 4 and skyrim. and they had bugs.

Back