Matrix: Reloaded?

Rainman

Still Fresh
Just wondering what everyone thought of the new Matrix....It is a General Board afterall :D

Saw it a few hours ago. its GREAT (my fav movie as of now ;)). I wanna know what happens to neo tho! lol, my friend thinks its a matrix in a matrix (you other people will understand this assumption once you see the end of Reloaded ;))

I was going to see it today, but it starts at 10, and my dad wont let me see it cause I have school in the moring <_< But im going to see it tomorrow with a friend...and of course bring along my gp32..

BTW-I dont want to be rude, but it doesnt just say general..it says "General discussion about GP32"
The one at the bottom is for anything. Anything at all

Hey Mofokubik,

Thanks for being a total ass to me........

<_<

Just kidding, thanks for the heads up!

:p

the action sequences were great, with my favorite being neo vs the exponentially replicating smiths. the plot was disappointing though, didn't have the magic of the first. and some of the humour/references to the first movie were kind of annoying. <_<

One thing - Please leave the board SPOILER FREE! Dont wanna learn about some major suprise/plot thing before I see it... and us in the UK have a week longer to wait!

Please? (I gotta moderate this!)

One of the best Sci Fi flicks of our generation (90's-2000). Matrix was great but, reloaded Visually blows it out of the water. And the General plot isn't weak but its not as strong as the suprising plot of the first Matrix.
Its still one of the greatest flicks I have seen in a while. Its quality.

I saw it Wednesday night, I am going to see it AGAIN tonight....this time bringing my GP32 with me WITH (the first Matrix on it)!! AND I am going to see it Sunday night. Thats one of the benefit of keeping some of my friends segregated from one another. Half of them can come with me today....and the others on Sunday...:) hahaha. I get double the gratification!!! WOOHOO

yeh Im going to see it Wednesday when its released in the UK cant wait! Cant wait to get it on my GP32 too!

I saw it 5 times already. I am completely insane I know**
But I love this darn movie. Its a thinking movie. Its philosophical- my kinda flick!

Well 1st off IMO Neo should have taken a back seat in this movie, in the matrix he's a god no one can hurt or kill him. There's no suspense in any of his fights because he's like Superman if Kryptonite was non existent. Totally Immortal.

Now if it had been about Trinity and Morphues that would have been much better they can be hurt, die, held captive. When they get hit you think "Arrg! go on get up, keep fighting" they struggle for their life, Neo just seems to pass the time killing agents. BUT with the ever present Neo they cant die because with one whisper from any of them Neos God-sense is tingling and he flys round the world and pulls their fat out the fryer. <_<

If it was a "thinker" a bit like the last one, subtle hints about the nature of the Matrix as the Architect explains would have been given so we, our selves, could arrive at that conclusion thus making us think. Instead you have the God from the machine (Deus Ex Machina) syndrome of every thing going to shit and some divine presence coming in the final act (the architect being the "god", the creator of the matrix) and righting everything or in the case of this movie explaining every thing. This style of story telling is pretty pathetic and also insults the audience.

I also felt the scenes from inside Zion where not necessary,they where too Episode I & II for my liking, the political side and council where very Episode I the soppy shit with Neo and Trin was too Episode II in that tacked on romance kind of way.
Morpheos' "I have a dream.... we will fight them on the beaches .... there is no try" speech was delivered in such a half hearted manner.

The scene with the French guy in the restaurant was way to long, out of place, nonsense, self indulgent pseudo philosophy/psychology. Most of that would have hit the cutting room floor if I had any thing to do with it.

So basically it would have been a good film without: Neo, 5000 half naked hippies dancing in a cave, the French guy & his mrs, the entire ending after neo steps through the door.

you see, I believe the story and unlining "meaning" so to speak, is way to deep for the general public. In college I took philosophy and advanced philosophy 103...the way they told the story in reloaded was ingenius because for all those who saw the movie and who heard the architect speak and the merovingian (french dude)...they tell you exactly what is going to happen in the third movie, PLUS what eventually would happen to Neo at the end of the reloaded. IMO, the movie is too deep and its too much of a mind bender for people going to see the movie and expecting it to "give away" clues to Neo, Zion and everyones fate. I am not going to tell you what happens in the third, but according to philosopher, Voltaire and Cornell West.....you will already know.
There's my 2 cents

*Unfortunately no one can be told what the matrix is, YOU have to see it for yourself.*

That's my point, the movie doesn't give you clues to its meaning, Characters in the story just blurt out the deeper meaning there is nothing to think about you are sat down and told the way it is.
Nothing is to deep to give you clues, just the deeper it is the more clues are required. Also a film must be good in its self not merely a set up for a sequel. It goes long stints with fighting and poor story then they meet a character who just blabs the whole thing. They should have gave you clues let you suss it out (the meaning of this film not its end or the 3rd film) that's what makes you think. not go Action>Action>Action>Romance>Blurt the deeper meaning in 10 mins>Action>Action>Action>Blurt. Its about timing and revealing it in a manner that pulls you in. I could make a 2 hr film that sits you down and tells you some deep philosophical stuff like the Architect/French guy did but that wouldn't be making you think it would be telling you the way it is.

Just IMO of course. Look at how subtle the nature of the matrix was revealed in the 1st film, you knew what was going on before Morpheus had to sit Neo down and spell it out to him it was a lot more subtle than Reloaded. But look at what the Architect told neo there was nothing to lead you in that direction. Well actually I tell a lie, the Oracles knowledge of future events did give a hint, but the Matrix movies have such unstable physics & philosophy there is nothing that you can actually rely on being constant. After all some one of Neo's power can change the whole world and the way it functions like morphues says about rules being bendable and breakable means there is nothing that can be accepted as true (not even your own feelings,according to the French guy) as you never know if you are in the matrix or not. In this way the film crawled up its own arse a bit but there was still plenty of available options for a very interesting film, I just don't think reloaded did the best it could with what was available.

In the end we can back and forth about this forever as the Matrix is obviously manipulating your impulses to love this film (you been eating chocolate cake recently?) and mine to dislike it (I think I ate a bugged donut or something)

your right I ate a chocolate cake...it was GOOOOOOOOOOOOD!! In fact I want more.

Your right though we could go back and forth forever.....we'll just have to wait to see the third.
Take Care. :)

REMEMBER: *there is no spoon*

the truth is there is no spoon
and there is no matrix!!!!!!!

we know that the matrix was always going to be a trilogy (as long as the first one made some money)
the matrix isn't real cos, in the first one neo is asleep at his computer listening to massive attack on his headphones, he is dreaming what is happening in the matrix, "wake up neo..." etc is typed on the computer monitor in front of him, he wakes up still in his dream (meaning he was asleep in his dream).
so at the end of the third movie just as neo is about to die, he will wake up in front of his computer..........

BUT then again i could be taking shit!!!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

some scholars (and non scholars) think its a Matrix within a Matrix plot line.

BUT I am not saying if it right or wrong.....**not that I really know 110% whats going to happen**

Me personally......I am waiting to the final one.....Revolutions.

**(What is real? How do you define real? If real is what you can taste smell or touch then its simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.)**

**(What is real? How do you define real? If real is what you can taste smell or touch then its simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.)**

WWwwwoooooooooo, Freaky!!! :blink: :blink: :wacko: :wacko: :blink: :blink:

Back