GP32 MechWarrior on GP32?

kitsune

Still Fresh
Website
yahoo.com
I was just wondering if it would be possible to port MechWarrior or Mechwarrior 2 to the GP32. That would be an awesome game to play on-the-go.

The GP32 more than meets the minimum system requirements for MW2.

MSDOS 6.0
486DX2/66 MHz Processor
8 MB RAM (7MB of free extended memory)
Double-speed CD-ROM drive
30 MB free Hard Drive Space
VESA local bus or PCI Video Card
Microsoft Compatible Mouse
Sound Blaster compatible sound card

The game will also run in 320x200 resolution!

It is probably possible. The problem with porting comercial games is that the source code is not available. The few games where the source is available have mostly been ported. Cool companies like id want people to learn from the old code they have lying around and release thier older games source. Most companies are too greedy or just don't care.

Im not sure who owns Mech2, Actvision, the gues who made it, or Microsoft, the guyes who currently own the franchise. If its microsoft, there is no way in hell your getting the source.

I hope its not microsoft.... Mechwarrior is a top game :D

On a side note, just skimming through the boards, i cant believe how many great possibilities there are out there for the GP32. I would have to say it is the most versatile handheld system i have ever heard of. I cant wait till i get one :)

Mindar posted on Apr 17 2003 said:
you could try emailing them and ask nicely ;).
<impersonation = "company that made the game"> Of course we will give you the source, and we are also giving a free offer of-$10,000,000 with it! </impersonation> ;) LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Descent, Quake, Wolf3D, Doom ... all open-source, all ported.

I think there is one major game that hasn't been ported but is in the process, the name escapes me...

- Rico

Duke3D? the source code has been released but i hadn't heard that anyone had moved on it

Back